I think my SA hates me

I'm being facetious - she is actually very helpful and treats me wonderfully.

However, she cringes almost every time I ask for her help with swapping straps and bracelets on any of my watches. She has been very helpful on many occasions but for the most part, her reluctance is palpable. Other times, she can't help giving me a resounding "NO!". She likes some of the swaps I've done, but she still shakes her head.

This is one of my favorites, but just wish I could have better fitting end liks:

1000038532.jpg

I get it that they have a limited ability as accomplices in such "modification" endeavors for warranty/liability reasons but looking at the larger picture, why the hard-nosed, purist disdain by Omega towards such a natural desire for a subtle change in looks?

It got me thinking of how similar the case and lug design is on so many models, such as the Speedmaster and Seamaster, and all their variants. Why go through the trouble of making so many variants of the different bracelets and straps to only fit a particular model line, when open interchangeability (only changing lug width) would be much more cost-effective and at least in my case - a very welcome option?

What are your thoughts?

Like 1
Why don’t you change the bracelets and straps yourself and stop bothering your SA?

Like 4
Why don’t you change the bracelets and straps yourself and stop bothering your SA?

I do. I bother her for certain end links, spring bars and such, or sometimes asking if X end link will fit Y case. But she loves asking what I'm doing because she knows what I'm up to. She likes to help within certain parameters.

Like 2
Why go through the trouble of making so many variants of the different bracelets and straps to only fit a particular model line, when open interchangeability (only changing lug width) would be much more cost-effective and at least in my case - a very welcome option?
Perhaps selling a variety of bracelets, straps and end links a la carte is very cost effective as an additional stream of revenue for Swatch/Omega.

I'm being facetious - she is actually very helpful and treats me wonderfully.

However, she cringes almost every time I ask for her help with swapping straps and bracelets on any of my watches. She has been very helpful on many occasions but for the most part, her reluctance is palpable. Other times, she can't help giving me a resounding "NO!". She likes some of the swaps I've done, but she still shakes her head.

This is one of my favorites, but just wish I could have better fitting end liks:

1000038532.jpg

I get it that they have a limited ability as accomplices in such "modification" endeavors for warranty/liability reasons but looking at the larger picture, why the hard-nosed, purist disdain by Omega towards such a natural desire for a subtle change in looks?

It got me thinking of how similar the case and lug design is on so many models, such as the Speedmaster and Seamaster, and all their variants. Why go through the trouble of making so many variants of the different bracelets and straps to only fit a particular model line, when open interchangeability (only changing lug width) would be much more cost-effective and at least in my case - a very welcome option?

What are your thoughts?

Yes that is very strange and against all other production methods, like different cars from different company's on the same platform. Or like Omega did with the ETA movements. I think many customers would like a choise of different bracelets.

The bracelet you show are great, but seems darker than the case, is it Titanium?

Quoted member hen
The bracelet you show are great, but seems darker than the case, is it Titanium?

It is stainless, same color as the case. I think the lighting makes it look darker.

Like 1
What does SA mean? I've heard of Significant Other.

Sales Associate.

Like 2
lol- I was confused as well at first thinking the OP’s spouse was helping him change bracelets and was finally sick of helping him…then I figured it out.

Like 1
lol- I was confused as well at first thinking the OP’s spouse was helping him change bracelets and was finally sick of helping him…then I figured it out.

Yeah, Sweet Apple? Sexy Ape? :D

Like 2
I agree, those end-links would bother me.

Perhaps selling a variety of bracelets, straps and end links a la carte is very cost effective as an additional stream of revenue for Swatch/Omega.

That's the thing - how much more sales would they have if they offered a wider variety? They have been unable to sell me numerous straps and bracelets because they don't fit my desired applications.

I agree, those end-links would bother me.

Yeah, better fitting end links would be very welcomed but these actually bother me less than how the stock bracelet looks on this watch.

That's the thing - how much more sales would they have if they offered a wider variety? They have been unable to sell me numerous straps and bracelets because they don't fit my desired applications.

Yeah, better fitting end links would be very welcomed but these actually bother me less than how the stock bracelet looks on this watch.
The varying lug depth is one of the non-standardized things that has always baffled me with omega. I get it, each model is designed by a designer and lug shape and depth effects the look of the finished piece, but it’s kind of like the tail wagging the dog. They start at case design and then design a bracelet almost like an afterthought. And some models change the pin to case depth in different generations or iterations (like the Speedmaster).
One would think a more practical production method would be to have standardized bracelet/endlink sizes and design the cases with that in mind….but then you wouldn’t need to buy as many watches to get the look you want…hmm:thumbsdown:

Like 2
One would think a more practical production method would be to have standardized bracelet/endlink sizes and design the cases with that in mind….but then you wouldn’t need to buy as many watches to get the look you want…hmm:thumbsdown:

Sales aside, that would mean creative/design would have to actually cooperate with engineers.

Not saying it won't happen but..... it won't happen. :)

Like 2
Sales aside, that would mean creative/design would have to actually cooperate with engineers.

Not saying it won't happen but..... it won't happen. :)
Considering I work with both- you are correct, sir.

Like 1