Forums Latest Members
  1. omega1337 Jan 17, 2014

When someone claims "original" then it means not one single thing was changed from when it was put together, created, assembled leaving the factory. With certain watches this has even more significance.

Just state the truth, what you changed, or what you know isn't original, you'll still find buyers. You wont sell at the price that you think you would, but you will find a buyer. If you just tell the truth, in the long run, you will be seen as some one reliable and that helps sell your products.

Deceiving in a collector community is a very dangerous thing to do. And yes, claiming things are original, but having replacement parts put in place even though they are 100% authentic is deceiving.

It really boils down to being truthful, honest and open about everything you know about the item.

rhetoric and Spacefruit like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 17, 2014

i have just seen two identical examples sold for a little over $3500 each.

I did not buy them as I felt them too expensive.

The OP watch is worth that, by definition.

an owner can asks what he wants. I doubt that anyone, anyone at all, will pay over 3500 for this watch, no matter what utter rubbish the description contains.

i do not think there is even one naive trigger happy uninformed buyer stalking the internet who will be buying this at anything like the asking price. At the very least he will compare previous sales?

this is quite a funny thread, until you think about the seller, then it becomes sad.

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jan 17, 2014

No one is arguing that the parts are not Omega. It is the fact your are stating it is 100% ORIGINAL. You can easily just state that this or that was changed with factory modern replacements so it gives the buyer clear and accurate knowledge of what they are buying. The fact that you keep reiterating it is original over and over and over despite admitting that it has modern replacement parts is just bizarre.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 18, 2014

The op watch is 100% Omega.
    movement and case are original, and as such have value as parts or the beginnings of a project.
    The dial, and hands are replacements and have little value.
    if the seller truly believes this watch to have value I challenge him to put it into a .99 start auction.

cicindela and dsio like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2014

But then there are always shills to drive it up, btw Archer there is an ignore feature, if you click on any member's avatar, you'll see an ignore button next to the close button.

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 18, 2014

What, and miss all that spectacular delusion?

Hijak and rhetoric like this.