Forums Latest Members

I need help for a Zenith A277 Chrono!

1. Vincze Nov 24, 2022

[​IMG]

I have a Zenith a277 project, and I need a bit help!

I bought a Zenith a277 chronograph at the beginning of the year, which hadn't bezel.
    Now I found one (bezel), but seems something is wrong here ... Maybe the bezel is not correct, or I missed a part or my watch case is polished ... etc.
    (I have spring for the bezel, so that's not the missing part.)

I would like to ask for help from someone who has/had same Zenith.

• Do you remember if there were any extra parts between the case and the bezel?
    • Could you measure the bezel for me? Outer diameter of bezel and inner diameter of bezel.
    • If you can take it off, what is the bezel outer diameter and the inner diameter on the back side of rim.
    • If you can take it off, could you take a picture for me about the parts?

Something like that would be the goal! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Pict via shucktheoyster.com)

joeshoup likes this.
  2. ttay007 Dec 19, 2022

I'm pretty sure you need the octagon shaped bezel retaining wire that goes on the inside of the bezel and snaps to the case around & the acrylic (clear plastic); may be hard to find but it will be open on one side, not a complete, full octagon but open on one side which will allow you to bend it if needed. hope the helps. Look at this photo and you'll see the wire tucked inside the bezel and should snap right on. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 3.24.14 PM.png
  3. timoss Dec 19, 2022

I have the same watch— I can measure the outside diameter of the bezel later when I get home if that’s helpful.

4. timoss Dec 19, 2022

In the meantime, here’s what mine looks like:
    EF8F0133-5730-4340-83BC-930357915572.jpeg

MDubs likes this.
  5. tinkercompanies Feb 26, 2023

On the Zenith A277 chronograph, there are no extra parts between the case and the bezel. The bezel is directly attached to the case, with no additional elements or components in between.

6. tinkercompanies Feb 26, 2023

The outer diameter of the bezel on the Zenith A277 chronograph is approximately 39mm, while the inner diameter is approximately 31.5mm.

7. tinkercompanies Feb 26, 2023

sorry no picture to show, just some research