Forums Latest Members

I Need Advise On My New AT Skyfall

1. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

So i just got my new AT skyfall on here from the forums. All new with all stickers attached. Took it in today to get it sized at Omega Boutique and when I brought it back home I noticed they also installed a nice line of scratch across the crystal (dial) in front. I am so sad that this watch was new and I know for fact that when i got it didn't have anything on it. I don't know what to do? I know the guys at the boutique and they are so nice to me. As a matter of fact i am buying an seamster 300 master coaxial from them tomorrow? how do i bring this up? what would you do? Sorry i couldn't take a picture of it sense its to hard to get in the photo but I believe the scratch is on the anti reflective i donno for sure though. when i run my nails across it it catches so i can't tell if it is the AR or not.

2. Superdoc Mar 12, 2015

hard to imagine that anything that would be done in sizing would result in a scratch...even to the AR...
    are you sure the sticker is off? have them look at it...
    they can diagnose, and ask them if there is anything that could have resulted in that scratch...

Sizing the bracelet is simplest , easiest thing for them to do...if the vice is scratching crystals, they'd thank you for letting them know without being belligerent...because I'm sure they deal with demanding, rude, entitled customers al day, who would happily go it with guns blazing...
    If there is no way it could have happened while sizing, they may be able to offer suggestion on how it happened, something you may need to avoid in the future for the sake of your watches...

No matter what, I wouldn't just put up with it, I wouldn't be able to live with it... even if it wasn't their fault, they are the ones who will fix it...

Congratulations on the SM300!

3. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

hey Superdoc. i am pretty sure i want to sat 100 percent that it was scratch free I look at the watch when it arrived. and it was in new condition. put it back in the box and took it to the boutique and after they resize the watch I did noticed that they mess up 2 scrows so i had them replace it but never thought to look at the crystal because i was busy admiring the new Seamaster 300. I like the guys over at omega boutique they are always nice to me and that is why its hard for me to bring it up. and you are right its now bugging me. what would you say its best to do sense I am going back tomorrow to pick up my new watch. Thanks.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 12, 2015

Be upfront and open about it. Not beligerant. Simple is best like your post. Say you noticed this once you left. Period. If they are as nice as you say they probably will offer a solution.

Good luck

5. Flingit1200s Mar 12, 2015

I agree with Sergio. "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2015

A scratch can happen anytime and in an instant. I am sure that the boutique will handle it quickly and to your satisfaction.
    As others have stated, simply bring it in and explain the situation.

7. chickenman26 Mar 12, 2015

I recently went through this, but the scatch was on the bezel and happened at an Omega service center. I didn't examine the watch carefully enough before leaving the boutique and had to approach them the next day, expecting the blame to be placed on me. It wasn't. But if I'd had to claim a boutique employee did it, I'm not sure it would have ended so well. Like the other guys have said, don't freak out just yet. Let them examine it. It may turn out to be something other than a scratch. I own a SMP 300 that I beat the snot out of for 15 years in daily wear, so bad the case needed refinishing, but the crystal never got scratched. So I'm thinking someone at that boutique would have had to do something extremely ham-fisted to scratch your crystal to the extent you describe.

8. ctime3 Mar 12, 2015

Hello Nima, I would not let that much time go by reporting he scratch. With a whole day going by and time they can come back and say "You took the watch home and time went by"

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 12, 2015

Agreed 100%

10. Shem Mar 12, 2015

Definitely take it back to the Boutique ASAP and let them know what happened. I would expect they'll take care of you. Out of curiosity, which Boutique was it? (Feel free to PM)

11. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

Just an update. I just got done speaking with the boutique sales person that Handel my watch yesterday and what he basically said was that there could of been no way that he could scratch it. So he is not taking any responsibility. And he said that even tho I am buying a watch today from them... Wow I thought boutiques were about customer service??? How would you go about this situation?

12. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

This boutique is located in roseville California

13. Shem Mar 12, 2015

You may want to speak to the Boutique Manager about the issue.

14. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

image.jpg What they said

15. Shem Mar 12, 2015

I only see two options here. You could remove the rest of the AR so the scratch is gone (but part of the magic of this watch is the double-sided AR and how the crystal seems to disappear leaving the radiant blue of the dial), or you could have the crystal replaced (would require you to be without your watch for a while as it's sent to the service center). I think the best you could hope for is that the Boutique will agree to have the crystal replaced free of charge.

16. nima0071 Mar 12, 2015

How do I go about it when they won't take any responsibility ?

17. Shem Mar 12, 2015

The reply said he's "taking it with the utmost priority" and inquiring on your behalf, so perhaps he'll come back with a positive resolution for you.

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 12, 2015

Or at the very least call them and tell them

19. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 12, 2015

Sucks. Only thing I can think off is send an email or call to omega / swatch group... Unfortunately though it's a tough one to stand against. I guess you can always place a review on help etc explaining the complaint.

Sorry to hear.

20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2015

All it takes to scratch a coating is one speck of abrasive material to be on the cushon that the watch was laid facedown on. I have seen this happen before. It is even more possible with dials.