Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Jul 14, 2015

I got a hit on this one,
    made an offer and surprisingly i got it.
    Afterwards Seller wanted to cancel the transaction but i insisted and he retreated and told me i am the new owner.
    Looks like a pretty original one owner
    105.012-63 according to the pictures.
    Well except for the bracelet.
    Price was still high, the most expensive Speedy i ever bought, but i think well spent.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321807559889?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What do you say?

cf999 likes this.
  2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 14, 2015

Weird because if u look at history of sales he sold it yesterday then relisted and sold it to you again? Something fishy.

3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 14, 2015

I saw this disappear from eBay rather quickly. This was yesterday morning (EDT). You probably did well but won't know for sure until the watch arrives. Concerns I had were the condition of the dial (or maybe it's the crystal) and that the hour register is not reset. It appears to be a 105.012 although I can't tell if it is a 63. The crown looks original and the pushers appear correct. No movement pics was also an issue of course and it is not returnable.

Good luck and post pics when u get it.

Edited Jul 14, 2015
  4. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 14, 2015

I didn't even realize it was relisted today. Either a no pay or returned I suppose.

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 14, 2015

Seems a bit odd, but if it comes, it could clean up well with a service and could be a good bargain at that price.

Definitely keep us posted.

If you see it listed again tomorrow though... well..

gemini4 likes this.
  6. JohnSteed Jul 14, 2015

Nice grab & keep us updated

I join the chorus, G is right and as said, hope the watch gets to you without issue ... It's looking like a nice one

7. sulaco Jul 15, 2015

Thanks Guys, i had some long Emails with the seller, he seems to be an Ok guy, who got into trouble with Ebays automatic relisting system. It was sold once but the buyer saw the non aligned hour counter and wanted this checked. So the deal was canceled and automatically relisted.
    I was pretty surprised then i got it for the offer i made, never thought i had a chance.
    It was his personal watch and he really got it from his father when he was in 6th grade, his father bought it new.
    He also mentioned that he didnt wear it much, because he tends to lose things ;).
    So it stayed in his grandfathers safe for a long time.
    Your are right about the crystal, it looks a bit rough, but i think the dial is fine.
    Taking the 2 step caseback into account it might be a 105.012 63.
    I surely will keep you posted as soon as i have it in my hands.

8. Geordie Jul 15, 2015

Good luck

9. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 15, 2015

Hope it arrives in good health. I like this ref. a lot.

10. chiefbrody Jul 15, 2015

I hope this works out okay,he was supposed to be selling it to me he said he had a gut instinct that the buyer i.e. you, wasn't going to pay so he was cancelling the transaction. he was to re-list and I was to buy it. At first he wanted me to send payment without re-listing the item. No way was I going to do that. I pointed out the non aligned hour dial and that a repair will be needed- he had no idea about it so he is telling a fib to either you or me. I think its a 65 and it looks pretty good to me with my limited knowledge. Hope it does work out okay.

11. lawrie39 Jul 15, 2015

Strange condition for something that's been stuck in the safe? ::confused2:: Good luck.

12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 15, 2015

My first thought on reading this was "scammer".

However the sellers eBay profile looks legit, and the photos, and indeed the watch condition, seem honest and home grown. That band! That is individual.

Those photos look like the seller was actively discouraging interest.

The price is pretty good. I have seen some 105.012's changing hands for over $6000, though to be fair they were in better condition, and fully inspected and verified.

This is a bit of a gamble, but my instinct says it Could be very interesting.

Best of luck, let us know!

13. JohnSteed Jul 15, 2015

Ts are present on the dial so I guess it may possibly be a '64 production?

SwissZ likes this.
  14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 15, 2015

so, was sold to you for $ 3450? sounds good to me..... kind regards. achim

15. sulaco Jul 15, 2015

Sorry it didnt work out for you, i was quite sure the other potential buyer would show up here

16. sulaco Jul 15, 2015

You are right, but unfortunately you have to add 20% tax

17. sulaco Jul 15, 2015

Might be, i just read in THE book that 2 step casebacks existed til 65. i thought they only were used 63

18. cf999 Jul 15, 2015

I have it on my 64

19. sulaco Jul 30, 2015

Picked up the watch today from customs and i am pleasently surprised.
    The case looks very sharp, the bezel is pretty nice and the dial has no spots at all. The crystal need a little polish thou.
    It is a 105.012-64 with a 220..... movement.
    When i look at the backside of the lugs it seems like this watch has never been worn with a bracelet, as there are no marks.
    Seahorse on caseback is crisp but it has some scratches from opening :mad:
    Even the crown is still original.

Is it only me or does the case of a 105.012 look somehow different as other Speedy cases?

Here are some pictures.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I love it ::love::::love::

20. flyingout Jul 30, 2015

Looks nice. Missing screw is curious.