Forums Latest Members
  1. Emancipator Feb 11, 2018

As my first post on this exiting forum, I want to hear if anyone can tell me anything about the Seamaster Quartz I have been offered to buy.
    I have read that the vintage Quartz watches may not be the most desirable.
    But i have been offered it to, what I think, is a good price.

I hope someone can tell me a bit about the model.

Thx in advance..
    Dennis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 11, 2018

Model Number is on the inside of the case back.
    I can’t read the model. But you can use that to see past sales on eBay. Movement number is on the movement. I can’t read that either.

Interesting piece in what appears to be really good condition.

Quartz 80’s pieces are generally not loved much right now. You need to find it’s width. If it’s under 35mm it’s going to be a bit small for modern standards. Hard to say if these will ever have an upside from a collectors perspective. Most people will say no. But if you like it and will wear it that is all that matters.

Spruce likes this.
  3. Emancipator Feb 11, 2018

I know, the model number is on the movement.
    And in a few days, the seller is comming home from Vacation, and he will mail me better pictures of movement and backside of case back.
    The case is in fact 35mm without crown.
    The thing is, I am not a big fan of chunky watches that can sink big nails into wood.
    I am a fan of the "vintage" way, from when a watch was just used to tell time, and not doubling as Jewelry.

And yes, I will use it.
    Not every day, as I have a small collection of watches i use.
    That being one of the reasons i like Quartz watches, not having to set the watch every time I will use it.

Edited Feb 11, 2018