Forums Latest Members

"I guarantee the Authenticity"

1. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

This to me is like saying "it's running within specifications"... Dude, you guarantee the authenticity? I can't believe I ever doubted you! Moving along...

image.png

Darlinboy likes this.
  2. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

Heh, I'm sure we all see that a lot, especially in listing descriptions. That saying doesn't annoy me as much as others do. But really, it's ebay and paypal that are guaranteeing the authenticity.

3. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

The guy has it posted up with a new set of boxes/manual... And doesn't seem to know anything about what he's selling.

The phrase "I've weighed it on my scales and its heavy"... Yeah.

4. Perseus Mar 24, 2016

Fraudulent sellers would never say "I guarantee the authenticity."

OMGRLX and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

I should probably send him my bank details right? ;)

6. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

True.

They'd probably say "authenticity guaranteed."
    That certainly inspires confidence. The sad thing is, there's always someone out there willing to take the risk--especially if it's an auction.

7. Perseus Mar 24, 2016

Of course! What could go wrong?

OMGRLX likes this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191825194325Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Crappy pics, no paperwork/cards, he's been selling off what look like fake box sets... The watch might be legit, but I can't see it being worth the risk.

9. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

You're correct, that's a fake box. There's a seller in Hong Kong who has been changing his name and selling these things for a few years (has also been engaging in shill bidding, and ebay refuses to do anything even after I reported it).

Pretty impressive quality actually. Most people wouldn't know they're fakes without seeing the real deal side by side. That doesn't mean the watch is fake of course, as there are a lot of people out there buying old omega boxes just to sell their watches.

10. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

The ridiculous thing is that an OB will sell you a red box set for £50... I don't get why anyone would pay £90 for a fake set?

OMGRLX and mokofoko like this.
  11. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

No kidding, I had no idea they sold bare boxes. Off topic, but any idea if they have a price for the newer wooden boxes that are replacing the old reds?

12. tyrantlizardrex Mar 24, 2016

When I asked in the London Royal Exchange boutique, they were happy to sell the red boxes at an RRP of £50 each, they didn't have and wooden boxes as saleable stock, but they are listed in the 2015/2016 stock book as a line item. I'd guess at them being more expensive?

mokofoko likes this.
  13. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 24, 2016

No doubt you're right on that. If the red is 50 pound, I'd guess the wooden one would be at least double that. Worth it though--I hate those little red boxes which always fall apart.

14. tyrantlizardrex Mar 25, 2016

He replied to say that he's had a lot of people question the authenticity, and that eBay have taken the listing down in the past... So I suggested he got anew set of cards.

image.png

I'm going to go look for another one.