I got some new Moonwatch Swag.........

It is a limited edition print, signed by the artist, and with production signatures of the Apollo 11 astronauts. It is probably familiar to many of you, and is, IMHO, way cool. The story behind it is even better.........View attachment 1202403

The artist, Jim Cooper, was a graphic designer for NASA in the late 1060's. When planning for the Moon Launch was started, the team decided a special patch logo was needed. Jim and two other designers were asked to submit ideas, and Jim's was chosen. When the mission was complete, the three astronauts signed the original and presented it back to Jim. It has been in the Cooper family ever since. They had the prints created (the signature shows 2000, but only a few hundred were actually done), and his son was kind enough to give one to me.

I have encouraged him to offer the others for sale to OF members, as I think their are many who would be as thrilled to own one as I am.

View attachment 1202403

Wow - I would love to get some information on how to get one of these if it is available?

I had that mission sticker on my school notebook when I was a kid. It's always been my favorite. Nice to know a bit of it's history now. I'd be up for getting a print for my son.