I got my watch back from Omega, this is what they said about the weird creaking sound.

So I picked up my watch from Omega and this is what they said about the weird creaking sound.

1000006218.jpg

Is that bullshit, or should I just accept it and move on?

They also tested the accuracy and it was sub 5s/d in all 6 positions for an average of 2.8s/d. Obviously, I haven't had it long enough to check it myself, but that sounds good.

It's always good if you are able to compare it to another watch that is the same model.
A weird creaking sound is vague and I know it's hard to describe any sound a watch makes.
If you could post a video of the sound you are trying to describe, it would help.

That said, if you gave back to Omega and they truly checked it out, chances are they are right. (but then, they could be wrong)

Why not go into your Omega boutique and compare it side by side yourself with the same watch?

Just some thoughts.

When I wound it up I didn't hear it, I tried recording it, but I couldn't really get a decent recording of it.

The only way to describe it is the sound of metal being put under stress and tension, followed by what sounds like a release of air when the crown spins back.

The only way to describe it is the sound of metal being put under stress and tension, followed by what sounds like a release of air when the crown spins back.
Niiiiice! Wish my winding mechanism had a turbo!

Like 6
Looks like they didn't hear any creaking sounds. They are just describing the normal clicking during winding. I think you will either have to accept it, or get rid of the watch.

Like 3