Forums Latest Members

I forgot to wear a watch today, and boy I feel naked.

1. ac921ol Aug 16, 2018

That is all.

Kind of sucks, I guess I look at my watch a hell of a lot more then I thought I did.

rominvicta and Toishome like this.
  2. Ssunnylee24 Aug 16, 2018

Gotta keep checkin that tan line.

3. ext1 Aug 16, 2018

Yep, I learned hard from that mistake! The punishment from the watch gods for forgetting to wear my watch is that I need to peek at people's smartphones to check the time, since I don't own a phone.

Fritz likes this.
  4. Atalien2005 Aug 16, 2018

The three things I can't wear while at home are shoes, socks, and a watch. But I do feel naked if I leave the house without a watch on my wrist, it's very weird.

rominvicta and Foo2rama like this.
  5. abrod520 Aug 16, 2018

I'm always wearing a watch even at home, the only time I'm not is if I'm sleeping or in the shower

omegaswisst, Kmart, 89-0 and 2 others like this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2018

I take my watch off as soon as I get home. I work from home and I never wear a watch while typing. It’s a habit.

rominvicta likes this.
  7. M'Bob Aug 16, 2018

Funny; I feel sorta naked if I leave the house nude.

larryganz, Traveler, Pun and 3 others like this.
  8. OWa Aug 16, 2018

larryganz, Pun and EatMan like this.
  9. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Aug 16, 2018

I was gonna post this last Saturday. I thought it would be filed under a WUS thread and be castigated for it.

queriver and larryganz like this.
  10. rkman11 Aug 16, 2018

I did that once and literally could not function at work. I just was not myself. Never made that mistake again!

omegaswisst likes this.
  11. Steve Essex Aug 16, 2018

We’ve just got home from a cruise. I only got into watches very recently and for the first time ever on holiday, I took two watches - my Speedmaster ‘57 and my recently purchased SMPc 300M. At one port (Split in Croatia) we were advised not to wear any expensive jewellery or watches so I went ashore naked, so to speak. Blimey, you only realise how often you check the time on your watch when you haven’t got one on. I had a mini heart attack the first couple of times I checked and saw no watch there!

queriver likes this.
  12. FreelanceWriter Aug 16, 2018

Ditto, except for the sleeping part. Don't you ever wake up and want to check the time? I purposely switch to my 1861 before bed just for the lume.
    The day I take two Omegas with me on vacation is the day I admit to having the same problem as the rest of you guys.

13. omegaswisst Aug 16, 2018

Same thing happened to me. I now carry a few spares at work ;)

Pun likes this.
  14. rominvicta Aug 16, 2018

Really Steve? They told you to leave valuables on board at Split? My gosh, somebody made fun at your expense. There is more likeliness you would get mugged in Paris or anywhere in Italy than in Croatia! Beautiful country. I’ve been there many times and wearing many different watches and never ever even got a feeling my possessions are in anyway in danger.

Zapatta and Atalien2005 like this.
  15. 77deluxe Aug 16, 2018

Agree. I even sleep with mine on.

Pun likes this.
  16. Steve Essex Aug 16, 2018

That was the only port we were warned about it in the ships daily newsletter. We had also been to Dubrovnik and Zadar (both beautiful places) although I did find Split mega busy with 5 ships in port plus dozens of coaches with people with suitcases milling everywhere - looked like some huge transport hub. I agree with you though - after coming out of the port I saw loads of people with what looked like 'good' watches on and was in two minds whether to go back to the ship and get a watch but it was a long trek so I went without. It’s not as if I was going to stray off the beaten track and go up some dark alleyway. We only ventured into the main square, had a nose around the market, some old ruins, had a coffee and went back to the ship just before it absolutely lashed down with rain. We had been there before in 2010 and it seemed a hell of a lot quieter then.

rominvicta likes this.
  17. Pun Aug 16, 2018

Perhaps I wouldn’t, if I’m wearing my watch....

queriver and michael22 like this.
  18. Pun Aug 16, 2018

Me too. I’ve my Explorer Mk1 only for the night. It’s relatively light weight and lumes are good enough till my alarm goes off in the morning.

I wear one watch for my office and Explorer at home in the evening every day. My day watch keeps changing but night Watch normally remain same.

19. rominvicta Aug 16, 2018

Absolutely! In terms of pricing they are just a bit short of French Riviera! And too many people as well! But in spite of it i always enjoy being there!

20. kaisiang098 Aug 17, 2018

I think majority of watch collectors will feel this way.;)
    Personally, i would always strap on a watch whenever i leave the house and always remove them the moment i'm back home

Atalien2005 likes this.