Forums Latest Members

I feel like this discussion forum almost single handidly killed the market for Speedmaster Reduced.

1. D.D. Dec 18, 2018

I think the discussions here and from other forums have helped offering information which I really appreciate.
    The Reduced are still beautiful and on my radar. :)

2. alam Dec 18, 2018

3. Wryfox Dec 18, 2018

I'm always that guy (and proud of it). I have a speedy reduced, LOVE IT, and have had no problems with it in all of 12 years. And not serviced once either (told you I was that guy). I wear it more than any other, and is what I would call my 'daily driver'. Runs +7/day and I'm fine with that.

Now I understand from the purists why they are so cheap....its because y'all don't like 'em. I get there are reasons, but the basic movement is superb, and it looks great. One of the few watches I own that I am sure I could make a profit if I sold it today.

queriver likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 18, 2018

The base movement is an ETA 2892, which is a very good movement indeed. It's the chronograph module stuck on top that's the issue.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 18, 2018

I think you are confusing OF with Hodonkey there...

Alpha&onega and D.D. like this.
  6. KingCrouchy Dec 18, 2018

When I was even more a watchnoob than now, I didn't understood why certain Speedmasters where going for 1-1.5K. Luckily I realised service costs where quite high before pulling the trigger.

7. Faz Dec 18, 2018

I remember when, it seems like ages ago, that I wouldn't give a hand wind watch a sniff. It had to be automatic. When I discovered that the Speedmaster Pro was a manual wind watch, I went for the reduced. I liked it but didn't love it...Still, a good looking watch with a temperamental movement. I've read "purists" use the word "hate" when talking about this watch. I don't get that.

Cheers,

STANDY likes this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 18, 2018

My girlfriend has a reduced and she says for her it's a better choice than a regular Moonwatch. The size is better for her chicken wrist and the automatic movement is more convenient to her than a manual she would forget to wind all the time.

0C97EC8E-B76E-4FBE-9481-A5DFE43D8E0C.jpeg

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 18, 2018

That's not a reduced, that's a Speedmaster date. Completely different animal and uses a version of the 7750, which is a fully integrated chronograph movement. One of the most robust and accurate movements out there.

kov, ac106 and STANDY like this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 18, 2018

That isn't a Speedmaster Reduced. That is a Speedmaster Date model using a 7750 derivative movement. The scorn discussed in this thread falls mostly on non-date Reduced model which uses a compound movement. This was basically an expedient short cut to a proper integrated chronograph movement which has inherent issues including out of line pushers, hand lag and servicing restrictions on the Chrono module via other than expensive official channels.

EDIT: Snap. Must be true if Archer thinks so too.....

kov likes this.
  11. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 18, 2018