Forums Latest Members

I caught something interesting, not your usual De Ville

1. micampe Apr 29, 2017

It always goes like this right? After finding the 2914 I promised to myself I wouldn't buy for a while, but I kept browsing anyway and when this one popped up I couldn't pass. With a bit of luck I won the auction and it just arrived. It needs work and I already started ordering parts but I wanted to share it.

A De Ville 165.020 is always a nice watch but I have never seen anything like this one.

It came in a gross terrible bracelet with shoulderless spring bars and covered in gunk that I had to pry and cut to free it.

[​IMG]

And here it is after some prodding and cutting.

[​IMG]

But let's take a better look at that dial. It is not only black, which would already make it stand out, it is a matte dial too, and even topped off with some white arabic numerals.

The print shows quite some damage but it still looks very nice. I wonder what caused it to fall off like this, but this watch has clearly lived a full life.

I also absolutely love the hands, never seen them painted white like this, they are just beautiful, and fortunately they are almost perfect.

[​IMG]

The movement will need some work, looks like the rotor is rubbing on the plates, I'm hoping it doesn't need rebushing but we'll see

[​IMG]

I'm quite happy with this, probably my best eBay score after the rose C-Connie, I hope you like it as much as I do.

Fortunately a friend said he loves it so this is for him and I don't feel guilty about breaking my promise, just happy for a successful hunt!

ChrisN, TNTwatch, ConElPueblo and 5 others like this.
  2. Hnansen Apr 29, 2017

I saw one for sale on instagram recently.
    Quite special, and very, very nice! :thumbsup:

Edited Apr 29, 2017
  3. micampe Apr 29, 2017

If you can find the link again it would be very appreciated!

4. Tritium Apr 29, 2017

Congrats on the hunt and to your friend :thumbsup:
    Beautiful watch!

5. Hnansen Apr 29, 2017

Here you go! :) They are from March on his IG account.

Fil_000.jpeg Fil_001.jpeg
    Tritium and micampe like this.
  6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Apr 29, 2017

I used to own the one in the instagram post above. Yours is only the second one I have seen!

ConElPueblo and micampe like this.