Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

A nice surprise to come home to....courtesy of Mr Posty for dropping it with the neighbours!
    [​IMG]

The filling...
    [​IMG]

Et voilà!
    [​IMG]

I have been c-ing a few grey/cobalt blue dials. Which I really like. This one is just grey but really throws the light around and changes shades in different lights :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice c-ing the original crystal still intact!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case is nice with sharp brushed edges and also quickset date. Will add some movement shots in due course.

Nice to be back in the C club.. This was one if my first Omega purchases when I started collecting and now the market for these is finally picking up.. I can c why! :)

Sergeant Pluck, tpatta, alam and 9 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

C-licious! Somebody did a very nice job reluming that. Seems these 168.017 caliber 564 versions are getting VERY popular around here.

3. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

Thanks! Yes. I thought the lume blobs were nicely done. Will see if I can get a evening shot!

[​IMG]

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

Mmm, needs a proper fitting strap :rolleyes:

5. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

Ye. Just got a brick bracelet.. Hopefully it will fit! :D

[​IMG]

6. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

It will with 19 mm end links.

7. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

It's comes with 131 end-links which seem quite curved..

8. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

[​IMG]

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

I might have an incoming thread with this same reference in a week or two, interesting how you mention the dial being a bit darker, I thought there was only one shade of silver sunburst dial in these but yours does look a bit darker.

citizenrich and Dablitzer like this.
  10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 5, 2014

If that Johnny Nash song is still in my head at the end of the day, why, I'll......aaaaargh!
    Not to mention I'm missing my C-case Connie right about now.
    Although, to be completely honest (and risk an attack on my character if I have any), my favorite C-case of all time is an IWC Yacht Club circa 1970 with a caliber 8541b movement.
    "...I can see all obstacles in my way..." DAMMIT MR. NASH!

Dablitzer likes this.
  11. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

I believe there might be a few variations. Also some with more stick thin hands. The dial on mine looks darker but it's actually more close the case colour. I think ulackfocus and LouS has a slight blue tinge.. Any shots of yours?

12. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

There are a few tint variations of grey dialed C-case Constellations. I've seen bright silver, medium silver (like Alex's here), and slate grey that can look a little bluish in certain light. Whether or not the bright silver and medium silver are the same color with different aging I can't say for sure. There might even be a flat grey without the sunburst pattern, but again I'm not sure if that was just the photos or it was really a different finish. I haven't taken a good shot of mine yet, just a couple poorly lit q & d's like this:

[​IMG]

As you can see, mine has dauphine hands. There were two types of stick hands also: thicker like Alex's, and thin without lume or black fill like you'd see on some linen dialed day/date 168.029 versions.

Albertwii81, mbeast and Dablitzer like this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

Is that a 168.017 still or a different reference with the inverted text colour?

14. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

Yep, a 168.017. The reference number has nothing to do with the dial.

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

Just noticed there were a lot of differences like the crown, hands, dial, furniture etc and was wondering if it was a later version of it or something.

16. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

Mine Could be later. I think it's 1970. ulackfocus 's has an unusual crown and sword hands. Nice variant.

17. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

Yep, several different crowns on these too - small scallops like mine and a few different serrated versions - one like Alex's shown above. Here's a different type of serrated crown on a 1969 168.029 I used to own:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've only seen these on the serrated bezel day/date 168.029 models but they may have come on other C-case Constellations too.

SandyinAnaheim likes this.
  18. Dablitzer Jun 5, 2014

ulackfocus great reference. When are we gonna have a "let's c yours".... Thread? I think that alone would build up our knowledge of variations... Apologies if we already have!

19. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

Even better to do it in the Open Discussion Forum and include all brands.

Time Exposure and Dablitzer like this.
  20. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 5, 2014

Nice Alex!
    Hour lume dots look original.
    Are they?

Dablitzer likes this.