Forums Latest Members

I’m stuck on which Speedy to get (or maybe I shouldn’t)?

1. AuburnM5 May 7, 2021

Hey guys,

I’ve finally decided to get another Speedy after getting a new Milgauss and then agonizing over the 2nd watch to get. Went back and forth between Speedy, JLC Master Compressor, several JLC Master Controls, and several IWC watches. Even though I have a early 2000’s Speedy Automatic Date, I think I want a big boy Speedmaster. I’m down to these options and am looking for feedback:

Current Speedmaster Professional Moon watch
    Speedmaster FOIS 311.32.40.30.01.001
    Speedy Broad Arrow 321.12.42.50.02.001

Or am I stupid for going this way given I own a reduced ?

2. RI Omega Fan May 7, 2021

First off, welcome to the forum. To answer your question, the obvious choice in my opinion would be a standard Speedmaster Professional, either the 1861 or the newer 3861. On the other hand, I’m sure you’ll love any of the watches you listed. Check them all out on your wrist and be sure to keep the decision-making process fun.

64Wing likes this.
  3. Dan S May 7, 2021

Welcome to OF! Buy whichever one you like the most and sell the reduced before it needs a service. :thumbsup:

64Wing likes this.
  4. 64Wing May 7, 2021

Welcome to the group! My own experience is that the standard Speedmaster Professional with Hesalite is a very gratifying watch to (finally) own if you've been eyeing a "real" speedy, as you might say. Good news is you can actually go buy one from a dealer and not pay triple or even quadruple price...

I owe allegiance to no crown

AAMD11, RI Omega Fan and Rax23 like this.
  5. Omega-Q May 7, 2021

I would say buy the one that looks right on your wrist. They all are beautiful watches, but present a bit differently. Do you have access to all three?

6. G4_Chrono May 8, 2021

I have the Reduced and have just got the 1861 Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

Have you hankered after the Moonwatch while you have owned the Reduced? If so, go for the Moonwatch now; another variation may not satisfy you. If looking at the Reduced doesn't make you think of the Moonwatch, maybe another variation like the broad arrow or FOIS would make you happy.

IMG_7638.jpg

purechaos78 likes this.