Forums Latest Members
  1. Diabolik Apr 5, 2015

Aero compax mushroom pusher fix (brass cheap ugly replacement) ...

From this ...
    GP before.jpg
    to this (custom made steel pusher same materials, look, style and functional characteristics of original) ...

IMG_4130.JPG

guillaume, LouS, pitpro and 6 others like this.
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Super work. Well done. :thumbsup:

3. HeuerLoon Apr 5, 2015

Nice work.

4. KIMBER Apr 5, 2015

Much better. Good work.

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

very nicely done.:thumbsup:

6. Carlton-Browne Apr 6, 2015

I think this is the last place I expected to hear a cricketing expression. Well done :thumbsup:.

Edited Apr 6, 2015
    CanberraOmega likes this.
  7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2015

Did your watchmaker do it? My watchmaker could make crown, bezel and possibly pusher. He did many mods work for Seiko collectors.
    I know dsio watchmaker is also able to make pushers for his Cal 320 Chronograph.
    I would love to know who else could make to order parts ( at least the bigger ones) in case someday the vintage parts supply is throttled.

8. Diabolik Apr 6, 2015

No, no watchmaker involved. A lathe and some raw materials as well as plenty of hit and misses. It involves a number of different processes such as turning, tapping, silver brazing, polishing and then, eventually, the final revision was ready for fitting. Took the best part of a week to get it right and there are still a couple of things I would change but it looks good and is functional and I am happy with it now.

It would not be too difficult to make the tube and thread it but it is certainly not a part you could mass produce as the amount of time that it takes to make each bit is way beyond what I expected (and if time is money, that would make it very expensive). Something you could only undertake for the sheer challenge and love of it.

Anything and everything is possible and where there's a will there's a way.

10H10, HeuerLoon, Gavin and 2 others like this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2015

Well, site was founded by Australians, and we just won the world cup so don't be too surprised :)

Diabolik and Carlton-Browne like this.
  10. Carlton-Browne Apr 7, 2015

Fair enough - I suppose it shows that I don't tend to stray too far outside this sub-forum :D.