Forums Latest Members

How to verify Chrono24 watch authenticity?

1. YetiOne Mar 17, 2020

Hey there, as the title would imply... I just ordered an Omega Moonwatch from a seller on Chrono24 (who has a high volume of overwhelmingly positive reviews) stationed here in America. The watch is advertised as new/unworn with original box, warranty, accessories, tags/stickers/etc. My anxiety is that my shipping notification shows the source being in St. Maarten instead of Iowa where the store is advertised as being located. The seller said this was due to Dropshipping. I called the store in St. Maarten the seller dropshipped from (it's a real store) and they said they sell real Omegas (and other brands) and they're an authorized dealer of Omegas. I checked on the Omega store, and they are not listed as an authorized dealer. At this time I'm still protected by coverage extended by Chrono24 (I won't receive the watch until later today) but, is there something that I can do to verify it's authenticity? It's the sapphire sandwich model if that helps at all (you can see the movement)

https://www.artisticjewelers.com/

This is the source store. Thank you !!

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Mar 17, 2020

Their website doesn’t show them as being an authorized dealer, nor do they have any to sell. If it doesn’t work out, feel encouraged to check in here in advance of a next purchase

DE154184-9911-418B-91C6-D7EC326F04A5.jpeg

3. YetiOne Mar 17, 2020

I just received the watch. I'm not an expert, but everything looks ok. The International Warranty Card was stamped by "Art of Time" which is an AD in St. Maarten https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/store/storedetails/8107. They confirmed the ref/watch # as authentic and from their stock. Apparently "Artistic Jewelers" is their sister store and they share ownership.

4. WatchCor Mar 17, 2020

Nice and congratulations, now post some pictures:D

5. thelinendial Mar 17, 2020

Where congrats! Let's see the photos.

6. forpurpur Mar 17, 2020

Detailed pictures are probably how the more experienced members can help usually.

7. YetiOne Mar 17, 2020

I'll throw a couple more up tmrw, thanks guys!

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.45.33 PM.png
  8. mickygee Mar 17, 2020

Nice one, glad it worked out for you

9. asrnj77 Mar 17, 2020

I'm surprised you didn't have to pay customs duties on this. That would have been my biggest concern with a foreign shipment

10. ExpiredWatchdog Mar 18, 2020

Count your blessings. Chrono24 usually supplies authentic watches but keep in mind that they are a broker so anything goes. Having a stamped card probably means that you have an authentic warranty so problems should be taken care of through Omega. ArtofTime comes up as a reliable dealer, just from memory.

11. OmegaRookie Mar 18, 2020

Congratulations! You now own a classic!

12. YetiOne Mar 18, 2020

Watch No. on stamped warranty card matches # engraved on underside of the case too. Feeling better about the whole thing....

13. YetiOne Mar 18, 2020

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it !!