Forums Latest Members
  1. Pbmatt Feb 27, 2016

I am a long time lurker and have fallen in love with 1960's Seamasters and have purchased a few of late. I bought a 600 off of the other big forum and it is in outstanding condition but it is obvious that it hasn't been redialed and has original hands as well as Crystal. I can tell by the light patina on the dial and hands that those appear to be original. It is slight but it's there.

I just purchased a beautiful 1960's DeVille and love it. I was told twice that it is original and has been slightly polished but otherwise has all original hands, dial and Crystal. It looks so good with no visible signs of patina that I am slightly unsure. There are signs of careful use on the case and crystal. I have a magnifier with light and have looked carefully at the dial and it doesn't appear to be repainted or refinished in any way but I would appreciate any input or thoughts on how to verify.

Here is a picture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Feb 27, 2016
    chrsvl, GuiltyBoomerang and GregH like this.
  2. ulackfocus Feb 27, 2016

We need a MUCH better detailed photo than that, but it looks promising as far as an original dial. The crown is probably a replacement though.

3. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Feb 27, 2016

A clearer picture would help

4. Pbmatt Feb 27, 2016

Try this one. It's difficult to get a close up in focus with a phone but I think this is better

5. GuiltyBoomerang Feb 27, 2016

No picture in your post...forgot to link it maybe?

Would also like a photo of the back of the watch as well as a side on with the crown. Movement and inner caseback photos can be done once you take it to a competent watchmaker :) Looking like a beaut so far though!

6. Pbmatt Feb 27, 2016

Hey Guys. Sorry had to step out to take my daughter to practice. I replaced the original picture of the front with a new one and added a few more. Interested in your thoughts.

7. jimdgreat1 Feb 27, 2016

The minute hand us blocking part of seamaster. Nice watch either way.

8. Pbmatt Feb 27, 2016

[​IMG]
    This should be better.

GregH likes this.
  9. Pbmatt Feb 27, 2016

So while I'm at it. Here are some pics of my 600.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jimdgreat1 Feb 27, 2016

I compare the two a's in seamaster. They should be exactly the same. The 2nd a in your watch looks slightly thinner to me. I am no expert though. Its very nicely done if its a redial. I don't have a seamaster yet. :(

11. ConElPueblo Feb 27, 2016

It's probably just distortion in the crystal, but the - SWISS MADE - looks a bit off. A bit too cramped.

12. TNTwatch Feb 27, 2016

From what I can see, the font types look OK, but the diameter of the chapter ring appears a bit too small, all the markers are a bit too far from the reflector/tension ring. This alone would just indicate the tension ring may be wrong, but the minute as well as the second hand also appear too long in relation to the chapter ring. I would like to see pictures of the inside including of the movement and case back before making conclusion.