How to remove movement from this old Movado

I just found this guy sitting forlornly in a box of old battered watches. This one ticks, and has a dial that (IMHO) has aged beautifully. I remember paying 50 cents for it at a garage sale. I think I'd like to do a cheap restoration on it as I find the aged dial and simple, honest, cal.75 movement very appealing.

The one thing that jumps out at me is the hand lume which, I think, really detracts from the lovely patinated dial. I'm a pretty good relumer and love working on cheap stuff where if I screw up it's no great loss. This baby is gonna look so much better with a nice hand relume!

So I tried to remove the movement, but to no avail. Was able to pull the stem out with a bit of manuevering as it was sort of stuck in there. Then tried removing the ring that surrounds the movement only to find that it's part of the case!

Anyone here know how to free up this movement?

Movado 4.jpg Movado 5.jpg
Edited:

Judging by the rear view, this would have to be a top-loader.

Very handsome dial. May also want to check it with a Geiger Counter for Radium paint on the numerals.

Hi,
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

My Geiger read extremely low, so no Radium.
And yeah, I was wondering if it was a top loader. Maybe I'll give my
crystal lift a shot-

Best,
Todd

whats the side shot look like, is there a bezel that is holding the crystal down? maybe a slot for a case knife somewhere?

There are some de villes that have a bezel that holds the crystal down, and they come out the front.

Brilliant, thanks!

I feel kind of silly, as it's easily apparent when you look at it from the side.

Movado 6.jpg