Forums Latest Members
  1. DManzaluni Sep 29, 2019

I hope nobody minds my posting about a watch which isn't a brand, but I just picked up a really really unusual watch.

My wife has had one of these for the last twenty years or so but I have never even heard of one in a man's size. And with a man's length strap.

It seems to have a one piece case, and there are lots of comments online concerning replacing batteries in these ladies watches. Most of the postings mention the need to push the movement out through the crystal in a one piece case without screws. But hers does have screws and we have replaced the batteries in it.

But this one has only one large screw at the middle of the back and unscrewing it didn't seem to do much!

Had anyone seen one of these, and does the movement stilll push out through the crystal to replace the battery please?

20190929_132129.jpg

2. Canuck Sep 29, 2019

It might have been helpful if you had shown the back of the case. But I suspect that removing that screw gives you access to the detent which holds the stem in place. Once the stem is out, the preferred method of opening the case is to use compressed air blown through the stem hole which should pop the crystal out, and the innards should just fall out. I hope I have given you enough information to encourage you to take this and have someone do it for you.

DManzaluni, DaveK and Spacefruit like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 29, 2019

Once you remove the stem as noted, it all just pours out through the stem hole...:D

4. Canuck Sep 29, 2019

Tee hee!

DManzaluni likes this.
  5. Professor Sep 30, 2019

Next time your watch gets wet don't hold it over a red hot stove eye to dry it out.

6. DManzaluni Sep 30, 2019

Dali would have approved

Of this thread!

7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 30, 2019

[​IMG]

8. DManzaluni Sep 30, 2019

I didnt, I just left it on the side of a table somewhere in Spain and it kinda slithered over