Forums Latest Members

How to find omega watchmaker

1. Rquacken Jul 23, 2020

How can I find an omega watchmaker or one with a parts account. All the ones I’ve called said they can service it but they are not certified nor have a parts account. I don’t want to send it to Omega and wait 3 months to have it serviced.
    I will say one seemed honest. He said “is it a coaxial?”
    Me “yes”
    “Send it to Omega although most of these guys say they will do it for you they probably have actually touched very few of them, if any”

Is this true?

looselywound likes this.
  2. Canuck Jul 23, 2020

So, give us an idea of which hemisphere you live in. Or better yet, which province, state, or territory you live in. Better yet, a postal code or a zip code. Might be simpler just to name a village, town, or city.

3. Dan S Jul 23, 2020

For a co-axial, it's not a bad idea to send it to Omega. Especially since you don't have an existing relationship with an Omega-trained watchmaker. Just suck it up and accept the delay. There's no guarantee that an independent would be any faster or cheaper.

ChiefMark likes this.
  4. Rquacken Jul 23, 2020

Fort Worth texas

5. ChiefMark Jul 23, 2020

As long as the topic is open... I'll try again for suggestions myself. I had a watchmaker I liked here, but he retired.

Chattanooga, TN.

6. SkunkPrince Jul 23, 2020

There used to be a service center in Houston, or at least authorized service... let me ask my friend, he had his Speedmaster serviced there....

7. SkunkPrince Jul 23, 2020

Even better for you, he used Time Tech in Dallas. https://time-tech.biz

8. Rquacken Jul 23, 2020

Awesome. I’ll give them a call

9. SkunkPrince Jul 23, 2020

One thing I noted on their site, though, they don't specifically say "factory authorized", so you'll want to ask about that.

10. Rquacken Jul 23, 2020

So may be a stupid question but what’s the difference between a watchmaker with a parts account vs one that’s Omega certified vs one that’s factory authorized

11. SkunkPrince Jul 23, 2020

@Archer can explain better. There are different levels of what you can get based on a rating(?) you have and how much factory training you have.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 23, 2020

You need to ask them specifically if they have had training directly from Omega for servicing co-axial movements.

13. redpcar Jul 23, 2020

Time Tech used to be an authorized Omega service location. Serviced my 165.024. I used to be friendly with him (Porsche guy) but this was 15 years ago :(

Edit: KEVIN. Just remembered his name. Don't live in DFW anymore. Made my way south to Austin.

14. Donn Chambers Jul 24, 2020

My local watchmaker is like this — he’s not co-axial certified and doesn’t want to be, he does have a parts account, and so will work on older Omega calibers but not co-axial. I knew going in when I bought my co-axial Seamaster that I was going to have to send them to one of the Omega service centers. I wouldn’t let anyone who isn’t certified work on the co-axial movement just to try to save a few bucks — in the end, you are likely to have to spend it all over again (and more) to have it done right.