Forums Latest Members
  1. kpaxsg Jun 5, 2016

Hi guys, I understand the release rotation of bezel can only be possible with the pressing of the iconic red button. Possible to direct me if it is a easy procedure to change a new set as now my bezel can be rotated even without the need to press the red button down. Many thanks!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2016

I'd say you need to take it to a watchmaker and get sorted out properly, something might be up with the whole spring loaded release mechanism in it.

OMGRLX and tpatta like this.
  3. dialstatic Jun 6, 2016

Yeah, sounds like the spring loaded pin under the bezel at 3 isn't coming up anymore. Changing only the button and its stem may not be sufficient. image.jpeg

Edited Jun 6, 2016
    GregH, Taddyangle and RawArcher like this.
  4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 6, 2016

It is a very simple 4 step fix:

Step 1: Take (or send) watch to a reputable watchmaker.
    Step 2: Wait for phone call or e-mail to say it is ready.
    Step 3: Pay by cheque or card.
    Step 4: Collect watch (or wait for postman)

If you have to ask; don't try.

5. ulackfocus Jun 6, 2016

::facepalm2:: If you don't already know how to do this, stop before you ruin that watch.

6. redpcar Jun 6, 2016

upload_2016-6-6_18-34-26.jpeg

7. the future Jun 7, 2016

Only you can judge if you have the ability to do this. If you are comfortable with removing the bezel and dealing with the fairly small parts of the mechanism, you could do this. It's not that hard, but do make an honest assessment of your abilities before you try it.

So, under the bezel there is a pin ("locking bolt") that pokes up to stop the bezel from turning. The sleeve that goes around the pin has slots in it for a slot screwdriver. Remove the sleeve and then the pin, pin spring, pusher spring and the pusher itself will come free. Inspect the parts for damage and replace things as necessary.

TNTwatch likes this.
  8. the future Jun 7, 2016

PloProfCaseDiagram1.jpg

Here is a very poor copy of an exploded view of the case. A better quality version is available but I can't find it right now.

9. kpaxsg Jun 7, 2016

thank you so much!