Forums Latest Members

How the hell do you guys ship watches over $10000?

1. ChrisN Oct 3, 2019

Do you really want to say the part in bold? You can't legally avoid customs duty, as far as I'm aware. By the way, in UK, most of the duty is VAT and the Vatman doesn't let anything past, much worse than the Inland Revenue.

Chris

oddboy and Archer like this.
  2. omegaswisst Oct 3, 2019

Parcelpro appears to be used often by members on the forum.

I ended up using another company based on cost and how easy it was to set up an account and insure a parcel.

Are there any forum members who have submitted a claim with Parcelpro and can shed some light on how it was handled?

As for shipping from Australia I've used FedEx and found their tracking system excellent.

I've also used Australia Post and the EMS network which is up to 50% cheaper than FedEx however tracking is not as good but still acceptable.

Edited Oct 3, 2019
  3. Uniqez Oct 3, 2019

I would make a f2f delivery, I know it is quite a trip, but it is $18K watch you are talking about. Why would you take a chance for $18k watch? As soon as you declare what it is to the counter, chances of box missing increasing rapidly.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 3, 2019

I know that WatchVault dude has made claims with ParcelPro, and he said they simply paid out what the insurance value was...

I'm certainly no fan of insurance companies and their efforts not to pay, but ParcelPro appears to be good that way based on everything I've ever read.

oddboy likes this.
  5. Wryfox Oct 3, 2019

My experience setting up with ParcelPro was exceptional. They called me to help set up the account, explain the process, how shipments are made, how claims work, etc. I have this reps name and anytime I have a question he's the guy to call. He offered to walk me through as many shipments as I wanted until I felt comfortable with the service.

I have never filed a claim but if their service is like this all the way down the line, I'm already impressed.

6. omegaswisst Oct 3, 2019

That's pretty good service they've provided and it's always helpful to have a contact within the organisation.

Looking at their online application form it's tailored toward business operators. Did you set up the account as an individual or business?
    I assume you are located in the US. I'm located in Australia and I sent a couple of emails to them when I was looking for insurance but did not receive a response.

7. mrs_LA Oct 4, 2019

I don't believe so.

I set up the account as an individual and as a watch collector. You do not need to be a business to start an account, but you do need to supply information such as Tax ID. That's surprising, because they're pretty responsive when it comes to customer service inquiries. Customer service hotline should be helpful as well.

8. omegaswisst Oct 4, 2019

Thanks for the information. I'll give the hotline a try.