How scary is this pic of an 861?

Posts
6,414
Likes
31,475
On a local watchforum this 861 was shown, this will buff right out won't it😗?

32e7e58f11d133c7d0722a7f7ddb88c35565cd6b_2_666x500.jpeg

f8fa326e71a1f766554353390e9a8c5cf24a9290_2_666x500.jpeg
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
WTF? Trying to duplicate NASA durability testing?
 
Posts
6,414
Likes
31,475
Supposedly not done anything to it after waterdamage in 1980.
 
Posts
3,186
Likes
15,036
Put it on eBay

Good condition but
"seller recommends servicing of all vintage watches" 😜
 
Posts
78
Likes
93
Nothing that one or maybe two cans of WD40 could not easily fix
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
Nothing that one or maybe two cans of WD40 could not easily fix
And some duct tape. NEVER forget the duct tape.
 
Posts
907
Likes
3,818
I will remember this photo the next time I hear "I don't have the tools to open it" from a seller. This is one of the best answers to "how bad could it be?".
Edited:
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
"Dark Side of The Oven"... very rare and vaunted.
 
Posts
30,172
Likes
77,911
Not scary for me, but maybe so for the owner's wallet!
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
I want it!

Will pay the postage.

The Heuer I am working on was in worse shape. And I had that in a drawer for 25 years or so.
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
Put it on eBay ..." 😜
Nooo! someone will outbid me.

I often state I would rather untangle a hairspring than sell a watch on eBay. I would probably never put an Omega on ebay.

And I have a stem and staff for it to. Visible in the image I posted yesterday. Probably left over from when I repaired My Tissot T12 decades ago that was a loose box of parts when I got it.