How often does Omega update bracelets/clasps? (Speedy)

Hey folks, so I bought a 3861 Speedy with the new bracelet last week, and have now realized that I can only really fit two different adjustments depending on the weather/time of day etc..

1) Bracelet set in the last hole of the clasp, exposing the weird looking step-down taper (this is in the tightest position I find most comfortable)
2) Bracelet set in the first hold of the clasp, hiding the step-down taper, but this is the loosest position I find most comfortable

Ideally I'd wear the bracelet with the taper on the clasp hidden at the tightest, or exposed at the loosest, but my wrist is in the odd spot 馃檨

I don't mind it much, but now curious, how often does Omega update bracelets? Do they ever offer half links or update the clasp designs? I'm on the hunt for a bunch of straps for this thing anyway, but am trying to enjoy the "standard issue" stuff.

Not often is the answer, or at least not on the last 1861/1863 models, the 3861's bracelet is the first major design change for almost 25 years (granted the bracelet has had a few subtle changes in that time) but on-the-fly adjustability on the Speedmaster is a common complaint.

With the old bracelet, it was possible to retrofit a Seamster clasp which has micro-adjust.

There's plenty of other aftermarket options out there, including period re-releases from the likes of Uncle Seiko and Forstner.

I鈥檓 in a similar situation. The outer setting would be ideal but is an eyesore, and the inner setting would be slightly tight and uncomfortable but more pleasing to the eye. Just have to learn to live with one option. I鈥檓 starting to get used to the latter.

The new Speedmaster has "only just" been released so I wouldn't expect any bracelet redesigns any time soon. If it was to be labeled as some design flaw Omega might do something about it like they've done with the mesh bracelet for the new Bond Seamaster. But it doesn't seem like this is the case here.

Personally I find it surprising that they didn't add some easy adjustment mechanism and that you have to rely on aftermarket solutions to improve the wearability of such an expensive watch (and arguably the flagship of the Omega range).

I still have to see it in person, but from what I see from pictures the new clasp on the 3861 Pro is not the most inspired design... Very little adjustability, and the little provided comes at the expense of a detriment in esthetics (my opinion, of course).

But as it was said, it is unlikely to be updated anytime soon.

For the new SM300MC, on the other hand, the bracelet/clasp seems to be the most interesting update (again, my opinion), with the taper and a smaller version of the microadjustable clasp.

Maybe the new SM300MC clasp can be retrofitted to the Speedy eventually ? Both 16mm, right ?

I still have to see it in person, but from what I see from pictures the new clasp on the 3861 Pro is not the most inspired design... Very little adjustability, and the little provided comes at the expense of a detriment in esthetics (my opinion, of course).

But as it was said, it is unlikely to be updated anytime soon.

For the new SM300MC, on the other hand, the bracelet/clasp seems to be the most interesting update (again, my opinion), with the taper and a smaller version of the microadjustable clasp.

Maybe the new SM300MC clasp can be retrofitted to the Speedy eventually ? Both 16mm, right ?
I don't know what the SM300MC clasp is at, but the Speedy tapers to 15mm at the clasp.

Yes, the lack of micro adjustable clasp is the only issue I have with my watch as well.

Was wondering if an 1861/1863 speedmaster bracelet that is fitted with a micro adjustable clasp from the seamaster 300m, will fit the newer 3861 watches?

I know the new 3861 fits the older 1861, but the 1861 end links might protrude past the 3861 lugs - that's if it fits at all.

Right, the new 3861 case is shorter than the 1861's. I'd also be curious if it's backwards compatible (or forwards compatible depending on POV of the bracelet vs case 馃榿), to fit a 1861 bracelet on a 3861.

Unfortunately, I traded my 1861 Speedmaster in to get my 3861, so didn't get a chance to experiment with this. While I prefer the aesthetics of the 1861 bracelet, I am enjoying the comfort of the 3861.

The links on the 3861 are sooo much shorter than that on the 1861, are you sure you can't be comfortable just adding an extra link so you can keep the final link fully tucked into the clasp? I know it'll feel very loose in the morning, or when first putting it on.... but watch (assuming Hesalite) is so lightweight, and the bracelet so eager to contour, that it shouldn't drag the watch up & down your wrist if given some slack in the bracelet sizing.

After it's been on my wrist a few minutes, I find mine stays in place and doesn't move around too much, even though my bracelet is loose enough I can stick a full pinky in between it and my wrist.

Also, if you're able to go back a generation, I highly recommend the Speedmaster bracelet from the Apollo 17 45th anniversary. That one comes from the factory with an micro-adjustment clasp.

Right, the new 3861 case is shorter than the 1861's. I'd also be curious if it's backwards compatible (or forwards compatible depending on POV of the bracelet vs case 馃榿), to fit a 1861 bracelet on a 3861.

Unfortunately, I traded my 1861 Speedmaster in to get my 3861, so didn't get a chance to experiment with this. While I prefer the aesthetics of the 1861 bracelet, I am enjoying the comfort of the 3861.

The links on the 3861 are sooo much shorter than that on the 1861, are you sure you can't be comfortable just adding an extra link so you can keep the final link fully tucked into the clasp? I know it'll feel very loose in the morning, or when first putting it on.... but watch (assuming Hesalite) is so lightweight, and the bracelet so eager to contour, that it shouldn't drag the watch up & down your wrist if given some slack in the bracelet sizing.

After it's been on my wrist a few minutes, I find mine stays in place and doesn't move around too much, even though my bracelet is loose enough I can stick a full pinky in between it and my wrist.

Also, if you're able to go back a generation, I highly recommend the Speedmaster bracelet from the Apollo 17 45th anniversary. That one comes from the factory with an micro-adjustment clasp.

do you have any part numbers or more information about that last part? Is it just the planet ocean clasp? I鈥檝e been running the PO clasp on my 1861 but find it bulky

Yes, the lack of micro adjustable clasp is the only issue I have with my watch as well.

Was wondering if an 1861/1863 speedmaster bracelet that is fitted with a micro adjustable clasp from the seamaster 300m, will fit the newer 3861 watches?
The bracelet on the new 3861 fits the older 1861, so I think that you could fit an older 1861 bracelet on the newer model.

Oh good question Bruin. I don't know the clasp #, as I've never had the pleasure of owning the Apollo 17th 45th limited edition. Maybe others can help out?

I think the Tokyo 2020's also have this same adjustable clasp.

Here's a picture of what it looks like, pulled from a c24 listing for an Apollo 17th.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 10.57.35 PM.png

Thanks, yes, I have removed a few links and have my clasp at the last micro extension and it fits perfectly for me. I have the sapphire version and the bracket feels nice. As you mentioned, after a few minutes of putting it on, it stays put and feels comfortable.

I just want to have the micro adjustable clasp to have the ability to adjust it on the fly if needed. It's the desire or envy that other watches have it and a newer 2021 speedy with a new bracelet doesn't. It would have been one more newer techy thing in my watch to admire and boast. 馃榾