Forums Latest Members

How often do you see ANY nice watch in the wild?

1. dwboston Aug 18, 2018

Some people just really love orange. I know a guy that used to wear a huge orange watch - I forget the brand but it was a large, noticeable watch and probably cost him $2-3k. He loved showing that thing off. Most others were just repelled :) by the gaudy orange color.

2. Marty McDawg Aug 18, 2018

It’s a shame, I’m the opposite and hate the color orange. However it’s mainly due to college football rivalries. I.e. Florida, Tennessee, Auburn... Sorry @gatorcpa just bred to dislike the color orange:p

I’m sure you have a similar aversion to red;)

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 18, 2018

And black.
    gatorcpa

murph likes this.
  4. Marty McDawg Aug 18, 2018

Ha! I guess blue is also on my bad side. That would extend the loathing to include Auburn. I’m sure we have some common grounds amongst those aforementioned teams.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 18, 2018

Not really. Florida and Auburn simply don’t play each other in football anymore. I think the last game was 2011. They will play next year.

I used to have a lot of family in the Knoxville area and came very close to going there. When I went to UF, Florida and Tennessee didn’t play the entire time I was there.

Also, the fact that UF is something like 10-1 the last 11 years against Tennessee has something to do with it as well.

We got 30 in a row on Kentucky, while we are on the subject.

SEC schedules are very strange.
    gatorcpa

Marty McDawg likes this.
  6. Marty McDawg Aug 18, 2018

@gatorcpa I stand corrected. No common ground. HAGWE sir.

Sorry for hikacking the thread OP.

7. auxpomme Aug 18, 2018

Almost never

8. Bernardino Aug 29, 2018

Turns out my colleague has a collection of watches including a datejust, a Monaco and a few others.

Another colleague came over to desk last week and noticed my Speedmaster, comments that he has one that his dad gave him for his 21st that he got in the 60’s.

As the conversation went on it transpired that he possibly has a ‘57’ in his possession. My other colleague looked at me with disbelief!!

I’m waiting to see a picture of the watch!!

marco, murph, EatMan and 1 other person like this.
  9. EatMan Aug 29, 2018

Make sure to follow up and update here!

Marty McDawg likes this.
  10. gostang9 Aug 29, 2018

While strolling through Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London England last week, my daughter was kind enough to take these silly photos. I got a kick out of it, while she got further evidence that her father is absolutely mad...
    IMG_6819 - Daniel Craig watch - wax museum London UK.jpg IMG_6820 - Daniel Craig watch close up - wax museum London UK.jpg

11. gostang9 Aug 29, 2018

While going through photos of our vacation in London, I also found this picture I managed to take discretely of someone wearing a Speedy Date on the tube. During the full week I saw many nice watches as could be expected.

IMG_6314 - Speedy Date on London Underground.jpg of

Riviera Paradise, murph, Pun and 2 others like this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2018

I many countries commonly known a stalking :whistling:

;)

13. gostang9 Aug 29, 2018

I protest! Snapping the photo was innocent and not stalking!! Now, when I followed him off the train at his stop, trailed him discretely 6 blocks to his flat, snuck into the lift with him and noted that he lived on the 3rd floor... :confused:

14. queriver Aug 29, 2018

While you were so unhealthily close to 007, did you happen to check whether his Seamaster is real? Oh, ... and is he still wearing it??

Riviera Paradise and marco like this.
  15. gostang9 Aug 29, 2018

I’m a Canadian, I was in England, but I’m still going to “plead the fifth...” as our American friends might say. ;)

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  16. queriver Aug 29, 2018

Your lucky it wasn't the real James Bond. After being violated like that he'd have come after you big time, irrespective any flimsy "pleading the 5th".

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  17. gostang9 Aug 29, 2018

Hey now, there was no contact and therefore no violation! He was showing off his watch and he wanted me to show off mine! ::rant:

queriver likes this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2018

Had to look at this photo twice :cautious:

Riviera Paradise and gostang9 like this.
  19. ewand Aug 29, 2018

You'd think Bond would have figured out how not to put his watch on upside down :)

20. Speedy_Gonzales Aug 29, 2018

I was at an Ironman race in Chattanooga, TN and I complemented someone for their nice GMT Master II (black ceramic bezel) in the sea of Garmin watches. He said thanks then quickly got up from the bar and left. However, I have seen a Seamaster planet ocean on a police officer and commented nice watch and he started telling me all about it. I guess you just never know how a person is going to respond to a complement.

Marty McDawg likes this.