How much to purchase this omega bumper.

I would like to ask all members.

Currently, I am in love with a vintage 50s Omega bumper automatic, but I still need your expert opinion and please help me getting this trough.

The seller told me that this watch is a 50s Vintage Omega with bumper automatic movement (ref.2576-24, cal.344) which was perfectly serviced. In Every elements are original without any replacements.

However, when I researched in this OMEGA FORUMS for a while, I had never seen any example of ref.2576-24 with cal.344. So, I need your opinions to ensure that this watch is composed of original elements.

Moreover, please recommend me for the proper price. :)

I do really appreciate every kind of helps.

Thunwa. W.

Is it serviced?

I’m not an expert but I can’t see a gasket on the case or caseback and, whilst I appreciate that it’s a seventy year old watch, the movement generally looks grubby and uncared for.

Like 1
He asking me like $500. Is this too expensive.

I think the price is reasonable but I’d still get it serviced.

You'll appreciate that the case is polished, the buckle is probably ‘aftermarket' and of a style from a much later era.

Like 1
No. Seems ok to me. . Black dial with steel case is a more desirable combination than lighter dials gold plated cases and you’ll pay a premium for that.
Edited:

Like 1
The ref 2576 came with either the 342 or 344 cal.

But, the case is extremely over polished, that movement does not look serviced, the rotor is rubbing, and the hands are wrong. Hard pass
upload_2024-4-24_14-50-45.png

Like 4
The case is polished, but it’s not overpolished IMO. The lugs still look OK and lots of people prefer polished watch. I’m also not sure the hands are incorrect as there were so many combinations of these but they look perfectly keeping with the watch and its style. If I do a Google search for 2576 the watches that pop up have this handset shape, although these aren’t lumed.

Unless there’s something fundamentally wrong with the movement I have no objection to buying am unserviced watch because any vintage watch is going to need to be serviced anyways. A service from an independent watchmaker will probably cost you at least $300 so why would you expect to buy a fully service watch for 500?
Edited:

Like 1
The ref 2576 came with either the 342 or 344 cal.

But, the case is extremely over polished, that movement does not look serviced, the rotor is rubbing, and the hands are wrong. Hard pass
upload_2024-4-24_14-50-45.png

Thank you for your opinion.

Does the rotor rubbing can be fixed by servicing?
Could you please show me the correct hands?

You are entitled to your opinion, but as a collector, this is what I look for.

The life has been polished out of the caseback.
upload_2024-4-24_15-8-23.png

upload_2024-4-24_15-12-7.png

The hour & minute hands do not touch the hour or minute markers, and the second hand does not have a tail.
upload_2024-4-24_15-14-5.png
upload_2024-4-24_15-14-42.png

The movement is covered in rust, i would not reassemble a bicycle with rusty screws, much less a watch.
upload_2024-4-24_15-17-0.png
upload_2024-4-24_15-17-26.png

Like 8
No. Seems a bargain. Black dial with steel case is also a more desirable combination than lighter dials gold plated cases.

Thank you. The reason that I fell in love with this watch is because of its dial.

I personally wouldn’t be put off but unserviced movement. I have over a hundred vintage watches and many had movements in much worse state than this, that’s for sure. The issue with an unserviced watch is the unknown. It’s always possible you’ll need a part replacement that isn’t easy to find.

Like 1
The seller told me that this watch is a 50s Vintage Omega with bumper automatic movement (ref.2576-24, cal.344) which was perfectly serviced.
Is the seller really claiming this to be perfectly serviced?

Like 4
Is the seller really claiming this to be perfectly serviced?
I missed that! Zero chance it was serviced. Servicing involves stripping the watch into pieces and cleaning everything, re-oiling, regulating and re-assembling. If this is his idea of service you shouldn't believe much of what he says.

Like 2
I would like to ask all members.

Currently, I am in love with a vintage 50s Omega bumper automatic, but I still need your expert opinion and please help me getting this trough.

The seller told me that this watch is a 50s Vintage Omega with bumper automatic movement (ref.2576-24, cal.344) which was perfectly serviced. In Every elements are original without any replacements.

However, when I researched in this OMEGA FORUMS for a while, I had never seen any example of ref.2576-24 with cal.344. So, I need your opinions to ensure that this watch is composed of original elements.

Moreover, please recommend me for the proper price. :)

I do really appreciate every kind of helps.

Thunwa. W.

Seller is lying that the movement has been serviced. That is not a serviced movement. I would walk away for that reason alone.

Like 3
I do like the dial, but the overall condition would be hard for me to enjoy.

Like 2
If the black dial was in better conditions I would buy the watch just for that, finding a donor watch with a better case/movement later.. in this state, it is not worth it

Like 2
If you buy it for the dial, buy it. To get it into a as good as possible state, it will take time for the hands and a service . That will cost you another $500. But if you love it, buy it and learn , where to find parts and take your time. Offer Less... Maybe $450...

Like 3
An unrefinished black dial is always a bonus, although this one is not in top condition. As others have said, the rest of the watch is very tired, the case is polished, the hands are incorrect and the movement has definitely not been serviced. I would pass. A fully correct high quality example of a 2576 looks like this:
upload_2024-4-24_7-23-23.jpeg

Like 5
The case is polished, but it’s not overpolished IMO

Couldn't disagree more. It's a prime example of a heavily over-polished case back, in my view.

Like 5