How Many Here Do Not Like the Speedmaster? Why?

Posts
1,581
Likes
12,610
Few reasons:
- can't afford few ones I like (vintage)
- too many "frankens"
- too many references
- everybody has one
- more and more people buy them for financial gain ("investment")
- too many LE
- don't have adrenaline rush like seeing Connies and Seamasters from @hoipolloi, @cristos71, @MSNWatch and others
- too big for my wrist


IMHO would rather own 10 Constellations in top condition rather then 10 most expensive and most desirable Speedmasters.

There, I said it 😗
 
Posts
494
Likes
1,338
I love my Speedmasters and plan to buy more. The Sinn 103 is a good looking watch but not great.
_MG_1815a1007c940c2f63cf.jpg
20200315_1600052e487ad67803faf6.jpg
 
Posts
6,460
Likes
21,969
Few reasons:
- can't afford few ones I like (vintage)
- too many "frankens"
- too many references
- everybody has one
- more and more people buy them for financial gain ("investment")
- too many LE
- don't have adrenaline rush like seeing Connies and Seamasters from @hoipolloi, @cristos71, @MSNWatch and others
- too big for my wrist


IMHO would rather own 10 Constellations in top condition rather then 10 most expensive and most desirable Speedmasters.

There, I said it 😗

You'll need to turn in your Space Geek certificate.

If i could find a vintage connie that i could afford that wasn't a franken, i would love one even though everyone wants one, but unfortunately all the investors have swallowed them up...
::rimshot::
 
Posts
1,534
Likes
3,247
The first good mechanical watch that I bought was a tough decision between a 2254.50 and an Speedmaster moonphase. I opted for the Seamaster and without any real intentions, I still have yet to purchase a Speedmaster. I will someday but it won't be the moonphase. Most likely a 145.022 but in the meantime, other interesting watches keep coming up and the Speedmaster is put off yet again. I have nothing against chronographs, as I have 2 El Primeros. As far as Omega goes, a 176.007 ranks a bit higher than the Speedy.
 
Posts
212
Likes
391
I like them ,however a friend of mine named the Speedmasters Pro like the VW Golf of watches. LOL.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
I love my Speedmasters and plan to buy more. The Sinn 103 is a good looking watch but not great.
_MG_1815a1007c940c2f63cf.jpg
20200315_1600052e487ad67803faf6.jpg
Running through airport....
What time is it???!!!!



Stick past stick approaching stick thirty.

What time is it???

12:22.
 
Posts
30,175
Likes
77,916
I suspect there is a strong correlation between those who like the speedy and are space geeks and those who don't and are not.

I can only speak for me - my attraction to the Speedmaster has nothing to do with the space connection.
 
Posts
8,743
Likes
69,527
Running through airport....
What time is it???!!!!



Stick past stick approaching stick thirty.

What time is it???

12:22.

In an airport? Glance up there’s a clock right there on the wall. And that day/date blotch - outlined no less! - ugh - coupled with the lack of symmetry - it actually hurts my eyes! ::stirthepot::
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
In an airport? Glance up there’s a clock right there on the wall. And that day/date blotch - outlined no less! - ugh - coupled with the lack of symmetry - it actually hurts my eyes! ::stirthepot::
I thinks she’s beautiful!
 
Posts
565
Likes
389
I like Speedmasters ..... but I love Seamasters.

Maybe cause I am more likely to fall in a lake than find myself in a rocket heading to the moon
 
Posts
3,997
Likes
9,030
Maybe cause I am more likely to fall in a lake than find myself in a rocket heading to the moon
and it has a chrono which I do not use,
I’ve no use for 'pushers' or stop-watch options.
generally don’t like chronographs:

So then, by what black magic do you lot cook pasta?!

 
Posts
5
Likes
2
As a new collector I find a Speedmaster as boring as a Daytona or other bland Rolex watches, why bother..
 
Posts
3,892
Likes
23,257
Cheap plastic crystal and needs to be wound...no date...no cyclops 😵‍💫
 
Posts
611
Likes
1,303
Cheap plastic crystal and needs to be wound...no date...no cyclops 😵‍💫
Makes a superb watch in my mind 😉
 
Posts
7,057
Likes
13,017
it would be much more practical with a 60-minutes bezel... Who's still using a Tachymètre 😕
 
Posts
521
Likes
410
I like Speedmasters ..... but I love Seamasters.

Maybe cause I am more likely to fall in a lake than find myself in a rocket heading to the moon
no worries... speedmasters are rated to 30m water resistance.
😉
 
Posts
1,565
Likes
3,678
I only like Speedmasters that are certified for all manned space missions 😁::psy::.
 
Posts
783
Likes
458
Jumping on late to this thread, so I am sure it has already been stated more than once. For me, the fist thing that got me into Speedmaster's was the space connection. Having said that, my sole seamaster (165.024) has the Speedmaster's beaten for aesthetics in my opinion, unless we are talking about a chocolate Speedmaster dial which is to die for! 😀
 
Posts
1,178
Likes
1,759
Not a big fan. I prefer arabic numerals or prominent indices, as well a hands with a little more substance.