Forums Latest Members
  1. fnfz4 Dec 29, 2016

well just to up date you guys, I had a long trial and research on the subject and I chose to go Sony. Its a lot more expensive in terms of Lenses but boy the Cameras rock and is way more cheaper. Hopefully I will have tons of time to play around with it and get back to my first love "Photography"

2. fnfz4 Dec 29, 2016

Wow Awesome Shot. we got some guys with pure talent here in the group!

levkov likes this.
  3. fnfz4 Dec 29, 2016

Thank you for this comment. I wouldn't have known about Sony really if you didnt give this fact. I was always a Nikon Shooter. Now after test shots with the new Nikon and the A7RII im a believer with Sony!

4. FREDMAYCOIN Dec 29, 2016

Nikon D80.

5. KingTriton32 Jan 13, 2017

Im a Nikon guy

6. alam Jan 13, 2017

:)

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 6.29.12 PM.png
    Edited Jan 13, 2017
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

[​IMG]

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 13, 2017

Notice the Nikon T-Shirt is out of focus....just saying!

alam and cicindela like this.
  9. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jan 13, 2017

When I was a student I longed for a Nikkormat and as soon as I could afford one once working, I got my first Nikon SLR. Had a few, gradually upgrading to a FE2 which I loved (and still have). But I found that sometimes, especially when travelling, I needed something smaller/simpler, so I bought a TW Zoom and that was great too, (in fact had two of them). More recently I opted for a D80 which I still use, but I had a 7200 last year (thinking I'd get ahead of the D80 reaching the end of its working life) but returned it because it developed an odd autofocus problem. This has not put me off Nikon - I've just ordered a Coolpix A300 for the same purpose I had the TW Zoom. Nikon quality is not perfect and probably today it's not as good as it was in the last century. But it's one of the few brands for which I feel a justified loyalty. I appreciate all the stuff you can do nowadays on a digital SLR, but my dream camera would be a digital version of the FE2, with exactly the same controls - obviously that would make it less capable in many ways but I would feel I had complete control over it. If I was a more serious photographer, using cameras every day, I realise I would soon acquire full mastery of these DSLRs, but with more occasional use the complexity can seem pretty daunting.

10. alam Jan 13, 2017

ok, please remove your reading glasses now... :whistling:

Nobel Prize likes this.
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 13, 2017

Ah, much better. I guess Nikon can't handle the larger formats. But it does look good at that size. I will use a Nikon to shoot my next avatar.

alam likes this.
  12. ICONO Jan 13, 2017

Digital is Leica.................Purely for the complete control, & the Glass, - Probably, the best lenses in the World

Shooting film ? - Then, either Nikon F2a ( 1973 ) / Fe2 / Nikkormat FT3 - I like my film cameras, to be vintage too

064.jpg nik2a.jpg

Nobel Prize likes this.
  13. vladi123456 Jan 15, 2017

I have an old D700 and a couple of primes. And a small Sony mirrorless. All good stuff!

14. efthi Jan 15, 2017

I had the Canon EOS 70D and went for the Nikon D610 last year, I cannot say one is better to the other, I believe it is all about skills and projection and of course post processing after... I am no expert though, I love taking pics of my family and of course watches!!!

15. Kobus Jan 16, 2017

Fast lens has got nothing to do with better DOF.

16. vladi123456 Jan 16, 2017

I think it's long exposure that has nothing to do with DOF. A faster lens would make for a thinner DOF - which some people (including myself) like better

Nobel Prize likes this.
  17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 16, 2017

Yes it does.

A fast lens is fast because it has a greater aperture allowance (lower aperture number) The aperture has a direct effect on DOF. There are other factors to consider but if by "fast" you mean aperture then it does.

On the other hand by "fast" you mean the lens and camera are mounted on a fast car then it doesn't.

What does not have an effect is a "fast camera Body" meaning a body that can shoot 12 frames per second for example. But if the lens is not a fast lens and you shoot with a fast camera then you will either have to slow down the camera or your shots will be under-exposed.

Conditions such as lighting etc also are a factor. "fast Lens" is a term that also is used to define a lens that allows for less ambient light and still can capture a good exposure. This again is a matter of how wide that diaphragm aperture is. Again the DOF will be affected. The workaround with light is the ISO adjustment, but then you deal with noise etc.

So in short. a fast lens does have an effect on DOF, a fast camera does not. Good shots can be made either way by adjusting other factors like ambient light, ISO, Speed etc

18. Don Madson Feb 4, 2017

I'm a Canon guy for a lot of years. I do a lot of sports photography with my 70D and 7D, with a focus (sorry) on cycling. My website is
    http://www.dmadson.photoreflect.com and I do a lot of BW stuff with my recently acquired Mamiya 645. Black and White 'cause I can process it in my bathroom, scan the negatives to my computer, and enjoy all the things that medium format and black/white has to offer.

Nobel Prize likes this.