Forums Latest Members

How easy is it to buy a new Rolex bracelet?

1. drhombus24 Jun 10, 2018

I've been considering a Rolex gmt ii ceramic that comes on a rubber b strap. It has the original bracelet clasp, but the actual bracelet is not included. I have looked for listings for bracelets without much success, and I was wondering if I could simply go to an ad and buy one? How much would something like this cost? I know I should just buy one with a bracelet, but this watch is being sold with a significant discount. Thanks for any help.

2. Faz Jun 10, 2018

Im pretty sure you can go into an AD with the watch and paperwork and order a bracelet. The secondary market is much tougher for accessories for newer watches.

Good luck,

drhombus24 likes this.
  3. Exiztence Jun 11, 2018

New bracelet is gonna cost you probably around 2-3k $ from AD though, in general buying Rolex without bracelet is never a good deal, unless it is ;)

drhombus24 likes this.
  4. drhombus24 Jun 11, 2018

Oh that may change things... I was thinking that 6.5k US was a pretty good deal for a blnr without a bracelet, but maybe not... I’ll have to think about it now

5. Exiztence Jun 11, 2018

Yea I believe I was quoted around 1k for clasp alone for Sub, best bet is to call nearest AD and confirm.

drhombus24 likes this.
  6. skipper Jun 11, 2018

They've gone up a hell of a lot then since I bought my last 93150... Different bracelet obviously in terms of engineering, but 1K for a clasp is more than the whole bracelet cost me only 4-5 years ago (750 gbp).

drhombus24 likes this.
  7. larryganz The cable guy Jun 11, 2018

With a BLNR currently selling for between $9,500 to $11,000 that $6,500 price isn't so bad, as long as the rest of the watch is in exceptional condition with the original clasp on the rubberb, and hopefully it has the papers, box, and authentication. Obviously you also have to "buy the seller" and know he/she/them isn't a thief.

drhombus24 likes this.
  8. jimmyd13 Jun 11, 2018

1) enter AD and ask for bracelet
    2) listen as your card cries in pain
    3) ....
    4) profit! (Or collect your new bracelet).

drhombus24 and marco like this.
  9. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jun 11, 2018

My experience obtaining a buckle for my Rolex wasn't facile. The AD initially informed me that they would order one and notify me once available. After not hearing for several weeks I contacted them only to be told that I need to bring the watch in for "inspection", possible service, and installation of buckle. I informed them that the watch did not require a service and that I'm perfectly capable of installing the buckle to my pre-existent strap. They consequently refused to sell it to me outright without handing the watch to them.

drhombus24 likes this.
  10. skipper Jun 11, 2018

Gotta love Rolex... When I ordered my last 93150 they wanted to see the watch 'to ensure it was the correct bracelet'...!!! I explained it was the same as what was on the watch currently (1680) just less stretchy (hopefully). Eventually they relented and ordered it. I suppose needing to see the watch is to prevent unsavoury sorts ordering genuine parts to make a fake seem that much more believable. Can't think of any other reason, can you?

drhombus24 likes this.
  11. Exiztence Jun 11, 2018

Yea it is because of fakes, ADs are hesitant even selling bezel inserts for 5 digit models.

drhombus24 likes this.
  12. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jun 11, 2018

Possibly. Or to try to pull an unnecessary service on a manually wound Cellini. Regardless they wanted me to leave the watch with them to send out for an install for something that I can do in 2 minutes. I've already bellyached in the past about Rolex's policy of keeping the old parts upon service. IMO you own the parts and as long as the bracelet/buckle/bezel etc is paid for you can throw it into the garbage disposer if you so wish.

drhombus24 and marco like this.
  13. drhombus24 Jun 11, 2018

Comes with a box and tag, but unfortunately no papers. I know that there is a stolen register out there somewhere, so when I get back from vacation and if it’s still available, I’ll run it through there.

larryganz likes this.
  14. Exiztence Jun 12, 2018

Only way to know is take it to Rolex AD and have them check.

drhombus24 and larryganz like this.
  15. drhombus24 Jun 13, 2018

I happened to pass by an AD in the country I’m visiting and I was quoted the equivalent of 2,200 US dollars.:confused::confused::(

16. larryganz The cable guy Jun 14, 2018

So $6500 + $2200 = $8700 which is below the going rate for used with box and papers, but maybe the correct price for one without papers - assuming that it's not stolen and it's genuine.

drhombus24 likes this.
  17. drhombus24 Jun 14, 2018

Yup, I may try to knock off 500$ if it’s still available when I get back. We ll see what happens

18. Exiztence Jun 15, 2018

Honestly I couldn't live with buying ceramic Rolex without papers unless it was close friend who threw em away. Never know when someone with papers files that it was stolen or something and plays the waiting game for someone to send it to RSC for servicing. I know that it is probably super slim chance but it would haunt me and I would rather pay the extra for papers. To me the whole no papers / no bracelet sounds like some poor chap had it stolen from him on vacation where he wore it on rubber.

connieseamaster likes this.
  19. drhombus24 Jun 15, 2018

But couldn’t I check at an AD if it was stolen. The seller says in the ad that the watch can be authenticated at a Rolex AD before purchase. It comes with the box which made me less nervous about pursuing this, but I suppose one could just buy a box on eBay...

20. blubarb Jun 23, 2018

I use Rolextracker.com - not sure how effective these sites are and if it would ever work unless someone tries to register and I guess to do that you have to pay the fee...yada yada yada...as they say in Seinfeld.