How do you authenticate your watch?

Hey guys, I’m a newbie in here, however already appreciating all your feedback/support in this forum.

I treated myself for a milestone present and I bought an omega 3520.50 from Catawiki (Dutch marketplace). The watch comes with the box and documents and it’s supposed to have been assessed by an “expert” as authentic, serviced and ready to use.

I would like to make sure of its real authenticity just for my peace of mind and to avoid any surprises for my investment. (I bought the watch to keep for a lifetime and sentimental value rather than for seeking reselling and making profit, but I do want to make sure is real).

I wanted to get this authenticated by a verified omega reseller in Amsterdam however the only ones I’ve been able to contact send the watch to Omega itself in Switzerland and that takes some time (see, I only have 14 days to return the watch for any reason).

id appreciate like I mentioned any feedback/ opinion from experts of this forum, in case there are easy to spot elements of a fake watch. Or if you have any recommendations of how to ensure it’s authenticity (or any dutchies that recommend a place to take it even better

ThanksIMG_0234.png IMG_0236.png IMG_0237.png

Like 1
There is nothing whatsoever about those photos that suggests anything other than genuine. The cards, movement, case, hang tag all look right. As long as the numbers match on all components I see no risk at all there of fakery. In fact this is not a model I have ever seen faked. The Mk40/Triple date is not something that could be easily replicated cheaply.

That’ll be €50 please if paying for an opinion makes you more content.

Like 5
All looks legit, nothing raises any suspicions. Enjoy it.

Like 1
Looks good.

re: the general premise, you were smart to post pics here. Another good trick—assuming you have all the bracelet links—is to compare the weight of your watch with the spec posted on Omega’s site. Even “good” fakes are unlikely to get that detail exactly right. In the case of your reference, 136 grams.

Cool watch—39mm is perfect.

It’s not a highly water resistant watch (5 bar); even so, if you or the seller removed the caseback, as it appears, you’ll probably want to get it pressure tested.

Like 1
I just know.

Probably from handling 100s of watches.

Modern stuff on the other hand ...

Like 1
Welcome to Omega forum. I really like that Mk40

I don’t worry about authentication as I have no intention of selling my watches, I buy watches that I like, and don’t stress much about them other than to check that they’re not fakes, if something is a redial, has replacement crowns, hands or some such….. so long as it’s well done I don’t really care.