Forums Latest Members
  1. OneMoreVintage Apr 26, 2020

I have this Omega BoR bracelet (type 1068) on my Seamaster Cosmic. I was wearing it when all of a sudden the watch dropped off my wrist. I managed to collect all the pieces and re-assemble it. But the 'lock'-link (is that what it's called) has cracked (see picture) at the hole fixating the link. I have another 1068 I bought to get more links. Does anybody know how to replace this broken link with a link from the other bracelet? Do I have to go to a vintage watchmaker?

IMG_0268.jpg IMG_0269.jpg
  2. Passover Apr 26, 2020

Hi,

if the bracelet is long enough I would just remove the damaged link.

Looking at this

upload_2020-4-26_15-6-39.png

I'm not shure if thats the genuine condition of the bracelet.

Has the damaged link a hole in the side / is it one of the removable ones?

Were is the damaged link located, could you please post some more pics?

Thank you

3. OneMoreVintage Apr 26, 2020

I had my local watchmaker put a link from the replacement bracelet onto this. I assume it is that link that has broken. That could account for the difference in size.
    Yes, it is a removeable link with a hole. I cannot figure out how to remove. Do you just twist the beads/grains open where they meet?

4. cristos71 Apr 26, 2020

It's very hard to say how to repair something that your WM has already attempted a repair upon. It looks like there has been an extra link added from a non-matching bracelet and it looks like the end of this link has failed. I'd go back to your WM and get him to have a look, if he manages to fix it then get him to have a look at the rice grain links too, one's the wrong way around and I'll bet it happened when he 'fixed it' last time.

5. ConElPueblo Apr 26, 2020

I think the watchmaker took a link originally placed further up towards the watch head than the one he replaced ::facepalm2::

JwRosenthal likes this.
  6. Passover Apr 26, 2020

Could you please post some more pictures showing the bracelet and the clasp?

7. wsfarrell Apr 26, 2020

Indeed, and as he handed it back to the customer, he said "That'll buff right out."