Forums Latest Members

How do I find a part number for a Vantage chronograph II crown??

1. McKinley Nov 10, 2018

Hello all, I purchased this Vantage chronograph II last night. Obviously the crown is not correct.
    s-l1600.jpg

I have found the following link, using a Google search, for this catalog from Hamilton and Vantage from 1971, which shows a narrow, much different crown.

http://www.vintagewatchforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2662

This watch is designated the Vantage Chronograph II. I think the crown may be the same as the Hamilton Chronograph B. Can anyone tell me how to find out the correct part number for the crown on a this watch? I have also seen several pictured on the net, including the one @watchdaddy1 sold on here last year with a crown much like I believe came on a Hamilton Chronomatic.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/fs-vintage-vantage-tropical-chronograph.59654/#post-741426

Knowing how back in the day, these watch manufacturers used whatever parts were handy at times, I see no reason that that crown couldn't have been original to the watch. And to my eye, probably because I have been lusting after a Hamilton Chronomatic for years, looks right on the watch as well. I am used to finding parts numbers to old firearms using schematics from Colt or S&W, but I am coming up empty on this search. There is so much knowledge here on this site, can anyone help me out and tell me what part number I would be looking for to get the correct crown for this watch? Thank you to anyone who tries and helps.

McK

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 10, 2018

Odds are it’s from the Hamilton catalog since as you know they where made by Hamilton.

McKinley likes this.
  3. McKinley Nov 10, 2018

I am sorry, I don't follow you @Foo2rama. Are you saying that the part number would be in a Hamilton catalog? I really do appreciate your help, I am just not sure what you are telling me. There is a Hamilton parts catalog? Is it online....would my watchmaker have one....as you can see, you have my brain spinning. LOL

McK

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 10, 2018

I’m saying if there is a correct one it’s most likely from a Hamilton. AFAIK there is no parts catalog for Vantage and I’m not sure there is for vintage Hamilton’s. Almost any crown can be fitted by a decent watch maker.

McKinley likes this.
  5. McKinley Nov 10, 2018

Ok, thank you. I will just try and find one as close to original as I can then, unless someone else on here would have a similar old Hamilton crown in there parts bin.

McK