Forums Latest Members

Hope for Horology.... And feedback requested on a vintage Omega

1. Omegafanman Jul 6, 2019

I am spending more time working in London now hence I can’t post so much these days. I am seeing all the usual wrist candy suspects in the city but also noticed this Chronostop that a young guy (under 30) was wearing. It prompted a conversation (I am still currently in Globemaster mode). He is also into Rolex and really knows and appreciates his vintage Omega history - a good sign that the next generations are picking up the baton.

I said I would get him some feedback / what does the forum think of this one. He was told it is all original and has had a recent Omega level service....

Chrono stop - Copy.jpg London - Copy.jpg
    mikechi22 and Etp095 like this.
  2. M'Bob Jul 6, 2019

Bad service?

Omegafanman likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 6, 2019

A lot of us move through the 34mm Chronostop. It’s a nice gateway drug to the pricier Omega Chronos. The Chronostop feature is next to useless but the 865 movement is a 1st cousin of that in the Moonwatch so there is obvious appeal in the series. Many (Most?) get moved on since they spend more time in the box than on the wrist. That isn’t a bad one but I bet the service cost more than its worth. The case refinish was done well. The dial looks original, the lume has faded badly on the indices, less so on the hands which may be replacements. A service at Omega usually means replaced rather than retained aged parts. The 41mm version is a better bet for modern tastes IMO.

Edited Jul 6, 2019
    DaveK, Omegafanman and Davidt like this.
  4. Omegafanman Jul 7, 2019

@padders - Thanks for the info / I will pass it on. I have told him to join the forum. His other weapon of choice was this Rolex (sorry for the poor photo). I don't know much about Rolex but I liked the size of this and it works well without the cyclops to my eye.

Roli - Copy.jpg
  5. Omegafanman Jul 7, 2019

I limited my forum access to one device so I don't get distracted / actually get some work done occasionally :0)….. Now I am away from home base again so much I might revisit that policy...….

M'Bob likes this.
  6. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jul 9, 2019

I love these random conversations about watches. The other day I ran into someone wearing a Daytona on one wrist, a speedy on the other, and he also had an Orient chrono in his pocket that needed a new strap - or maybe it was because he didn’t have 3 arms. This is a great hobby!

Edited Jul 10, 2019
    Omegafanman likes this.