Forums Latest Members

Honest and amusing EBay description.

1. Tubber Feb 25, 2017

Found this to be a refreshingly honest EBay description. Shame there weren't more like him. Even his username gave me a chuckle.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-S...390702?hash=item2a7b7c9d2e:g:qvwAAOSw2gxYqdBiPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

"Optimist wanted to restore this poor Seiko Pogue. As you can see the crystal and bezel are detached from the case, the second hand looks like Gandalf's stick, and believe it or not it doesn't run (though it did - once- when I picked it up for examination, so something in there exists and at least tries to perform.
    But make no mistake, this is for spares or repairs. No bracelet, but on the plus side it does have a Water 70M Resist dial in fair condition (certainly as good as the one on my wearer Pogue) and a Water Resistant legend on the caseback which is in similar better-that-you-would-think condition.
    Doing no-one any good in the bottom of my watch drawer, so 99p start, no buy-it-now, free RM 1st class UK postage or £5-00 worldwide. Insurance extra, though why you would want to insure this is debatable.
    Inspection welcome."

pdw1, Jwit, ConElPueblo and 4 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 25, 2017

Uh Oh, that reminds me, I'd better get back to my Pogue project.

watchknut likes this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 25, 2017

I'm suspicious – it's probably not as bad as he suggests. :D

Modest_Proposal and Andy K like this.
  4. Traveler Feb 25, 2017

$250 already, wow....

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 25, 2017

No movement shots. Ho Hum.

6. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Feb 25, 2017

Speaking of Pogues...I have another cherry 1971 coming up for sale later today.