Forums Latest Members
  1. Tom Dick and Harry Aug 29, 2018

Evening all

This just popped up in my emails so I took a look, a very 'healthy' asking price but 33.3's are rare and rose gold ones you really don't see many of. What caught me though was the dial, it looks great but the printing looks not quite as crips as I have seen on other 33.3's? There are some true 33.3 experts on here and whilst I've owned a few by no means am I an expert so wondered what other peoples thoughts where on this dial (not that I am in the market for the watch I might add)

https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/1940-omega-caliber-33-3-chronograph-in-rose-gold

Here is the watch in question

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.21.35.png

My concerns is that the printing seems quite uneven and dare I say amateurish compared for (for example) my three calibre 28.9's of a similar period. There seems to be a lot of 'bleed' and the logo and some of the patters appear more 'mechanical' than i would expect or have seen previously. I appreciate that a range of dial manufactures where used during this period but I've not seen one with quite this level of imperfection in the printing before.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.27.45.png Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.26.31.png

Especially when compared to the printing of this example from a similar period.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.33.04.png

By no means am I say the Hodinkee watch is a reprint just inquisitive in the spirt of the forum on adding to my knowledge

Thoughts and feedback welcome

Thanks Tom

Edited Aug 29, 2018
    OMTOM likes this.