Forums Latest Members

Hodinkee Now an Authorized Omega Dealer

1. DaveCollins Nov 14, 2019

That's the good news. Great photos with background information.

But ... You pay suggested retail. That's going to cost you $1000 extra on the Speedmaster professional.

Not all watches are available ... Bullhead being an example.

2. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 14, 2019

How is you paying suggested retail going to cost you $1000 extra? Extra compared to what?

3. absoluteczech Nov 14, 2019

Because you can get a speedy pro hesalite or sapphire sandwich for below MSRP all day long. I think that is what he was referring to.

4. JTridesbikes Nov 14, 2019

Where does one do that?

5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 14, 2019

6. DaveCollins Nov 14, 2019

I purchased a Speedmaster Professional, brand new, from an Omega dealer in the DC metro area. I simply made a phone call and a couple of days later the watch was delivered to me at $1000 off the retail price. In fact, I specified that the watch remain packaged as it was from the manufacturer. The dealer honored my request and the watch was packaged in a plastic case, never having been opened. All the other stuff was in a separate box which I never even bothered to open. This is the optimal purchasing experience for me. I am not going to mention who I purchased from, since I don't think it would be appropriate. If one does their homework, I think anyone can do this.

7. alam Nov 14, 2019

many Omega ADs will offer discounts, some are more generous than others. It varies by store location and watch model as the experience shared by Dave below..

8. absoluteczech Nov 14, 2019

Ad will give discount usually (not boutique) or look online for resellers

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=708712

If you look hard enough can probably find it for less. I paid 3650 last december for my speedy pro

9. jaspers Nov 14, 2019

Hodinkee wants two things: (1) signal that you can get any big brand through their platform, and more variety than any other online retailer, so more prospective consumers will visit, browse, click on ads (Ka-ching!), and leave aside competing platforms; (2) legitimize further as an online retailer of watches, by becoming an AD of arguably the second-most well-known watch brand in the world. So kudos to them: very smart business move.

Njnjcfp88 likes this.
  10. CaptainWinsor Nov 14, 2019

:D
    Zenith is number 1 Right? ;)

Njnjcfp88 likes this.
  11. JTridesbikes Nov 15, 2019

Still a bigger fan of Omega, but:

....That El Primero Defy 21 Black Ceramic on Black Ceramic Bracelet tho.... Good Mercy!!

12. DeepBlue Nov 15, 2019

They are sure very good at marketing and attracting customers.