Forums Latest Members
  1. JwRosenthal Jul 3, 2020

Oh nooo! After all my Snorkel fun and I get remembered for Cat pissed on my Speedy.

DaveK, BatDad and Emeister like this.
  2. rcs914 Jul 4, 2020

When I found out that live steam scale engines was a hobby, I went looking. Pretty much expect to start at $35K if you aren't building it yourself, and it can quickly go up - a lot - from there.

Another train hobby to be had is buy your own Pullman car, and pay Amtrak to haul you around the country for a couple months a year. Here in Chandler there is a museum where several of the cars are private - literally just parked there in the winter months, and they travel in them in the summer.

Joe_A and DaveK like this.
  3. rcs914 Jul 4, 2020

I have several old actual concert shirts I keep meaning to list. Even though they are ratty and have holes, they are worth a ridiculous amount. My worn out Pink Floyd shirt I got at a Division Bell concert in 1994 is worth probably $300, as well as my original Wish Tour shirt from The Cure.

Walrus likes this.
  4. Walrus Jul 4, 2020

I saw the division bell tour had a few shirts from them they wore away and yes my wife has sold some of my concert shirts that had holes and stains. Damn all the concerts I saw if I thought to save a shirt from each one it would turn into a very nice watch. As it is all my shirts my wife sold I didn’t see a dime. It’s going towards some home repairs we are doing. I did complain today as she sold another shirt I still wear but she just promised to get me some new ones. I don’t know how she found this hustle but I’m down 6-7 shirts because of it.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 4, 2020

The FS section is the biggest admin time sink by far on the site, and we're ok with it because it makes sense and is a great companion for the discussion part of the community but having people spam MTG cards, Star Wars lego, fountain pens, cat nuggets, and whatever else will cause too much unwanted traffic that most people don't want to see in their feed and admining that increase in traffic would be almost impossible for us.

Recently I remember some guy lecturing me on making "bad business decisions for growth" I think related to the 200 post rule and yea we don't want growth for the sake of growth but rather growth in the right direction with the right feel in the community. We want the site to be enjoyable and to serve its purpose not be everything to everyone.

BlackTalon, Taddyangle, AAAKK and 7 others like this.
  6. Stripey Jul 4, 2020

That is a spectacular idea.

7. Walrus Jul 4, 2020

Makes perfect sense. Can’t argue with that logic. It was a fun discussion different collectibles nonetheless

DaveK, JwRosenthal and BatDad like this.
  8. BatDad Jul 4, 2020

I enjoyed this thread a lot also, but it makes a lot of sense to keep the majority of the content watch focussed. Can imagine it’d be a massive PITA trying to admin a huge increase in non watch threads.

9. JwRosenthal Jul 4, 2020

Agree- and the mod’s have been clear and no argument from anyone, we’re just having fun now.

Stripey, Joe_A and BatDad like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 4, 2020

Not even for a
    93A52476-991D-456D-A022-59E975FE8BC5.jpeg

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 4, 2020

I approve this message...not that it matters.

STANDY likes this.