Forums Latest Members

History of Conquest Heritage

1. Superpacker Sep 29, 2016

I know the title sounds weird, but I'm late to the game on these. I know they were initially released in 2014 as a limited edition - no date and no black dial, 35 mm. But it appears that Logines still offers these. Currently on their website in a silver dial at 35 mm and a black dial at 40 mm, now with date at 12. However, I believe I've seen 35 mm versions with black dial.

So I'm just not sure the history of the various versions of this piece since 2014 and want to be sure so that I'm not buying a fake.

I know the opinion on these are varied (great discussion about the Heritage collection in this forum). But they appeal to me. As a young guy who loves vintage, I love that I can a new version in a classic size.

2. WatchVaultNYC Sep 29, 2016

Conquest Heritage is in a bit of an odd situation. When used, they are at around the same price as the vintage Conquests they are taking the design cues from!

But if you want these, I've seen them pre-owned at the $500-$1K range. And have only seen the black and silver dialed 35mm version. Theres a special ed sans date.

3. Superpacker Sep 29, 2016

Thanks WatchVault. I agree that the pricing is unique in how a used heritage seems to sync with the price of a decent vintage model, and the price of a new one on gray market is about the same as a nice vintage model. I love and prefer vintage. Probably will hunt for one too. But since the heritage kept that awesome case size, which seems so rare in anything new, I love this idea of having a new watch that won't require service work for a while with all the classic styling of the original.

My two cents are there is nothing wrong with a company recognizing it used to make something really cool and to start making that again. Although this comment might be best saved for another thread currently in this forum :)

4. Superpacker Sep 29, 2016

I know some Conquests had dates and some Longines models had dates at 12, but did any Conquests ever do this, or is that a narrowed element on the heritage models?