Highest bidder on Omega Constellation

Good morning,
Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to share with you this Omega Ref. 2852-53SC I ended up winning at auction last night.
To me it all seems original, case has been polished but I still like the condition of it. Dial is original. Crown, although they state it as original, is not the right one for this reference I believe.

What do you guys think? Curious to experts opinion. I pay 2200$ in total.

$2K for a deluxe Constellation, you did well

I enjoy the patina as well

Looks like a good buy indeed. The market is wallet-friendly.

$2K for a deluxe Constellation, you did well
Think so too. Only issue is that Jantje will have to pay 10% tax and 21% VAT to get it into Europe 😵‍💫

As a collector of English pocket watches and residing in the EC, I have the same fate since a few years, rats!

Nice watch, congratulations!

Thanks! I am happy with it! Indeed @Mark020, the 10% tax and 21% VAT are making it less favorable for my wallet but I wanted one of these for a long time and this one seemed right!

I was wondering wether it is possible to clean up the dial a little since the dial itself is gold as well? Or would it destroy the character..

I was wondering wether it is possible to clean up the dial a little since the dial itself is gold as well? Or would it destroy the character..

The degradation is generally the lacquer deteriorating.

You might get away with a gentle clean (think angel's breath)
But if you try to give it a stronger clean you will likely make it worse and/or lose the text and minute haches also.

Probably best to leave well alone and enjoy the watch for what it is.

I wonder if the prominent mark above the Omega logo involves the dial foot. If you magnify the image, you can see the circular outline surrounding the mark. I don't know offhand where the dial feet would be.

Yes, I will probably leave it as is, I was just curious how it works with a dial made of gold, never owned one.

I wonder if the prominent mark above the Omega logo involves the dial foot. If you magnify the image, you can see the circular outline surrounding the mark. I don't know offhand where the dial feet would be.

I think you are right, I havent thought about that but it could be the dial feet. Probably because gold
Is softer?

It seems to be a Nice price for a gold Watch, you would pay a lot more in EU