Forums Latest Members
  1. Claire Jan 18, 2017

Hi There - I am a newly joined member and I wish to make a post about my vintage Omega (picture attached), asking for information..........but at the bottom of the post page there is a message saying I have insufficient priveleges to do so. What do I need to do?
    John Plant

Watch.jpg
  2. Georgieboy58 Jan 18, 2017

Not sure what you attempted and what privileges you might be missing, but obviously you have been able to create a new thread and place a post, what do you need more?

Edited Jan 18, 2017
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2017

The For Sale section is the only one that has that limitation as we don't allow new members to list items for sale.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Claire Jan 18, 2017

Thanks for your replies. I am just trying to find what model it is. My father brought it back from Paris at the end of the war in 1945. He had been stationed there as a liaison officer.

The serial number is 10294682. Omega want to charge me £120 for the info!

5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 18, 2017

Welcome to the Forum. We all here wish you a great stay and full gain of information :)

6. jimmyd13 Jan 18, 2017

Hi John. That's a sweet little tank that fits perfectly with the date you've mentioned. They came in 10k gold filled and 9 and 18k solid gold housing a cal 17/8. All the information to identify if fully will be on the inside of the caseback and you can usually take these off with nothing more than your thumbnail. Post a photo of the back with any numbers, stamps etc and someone will be happy to fill you in.

Is there something specific that you are looking to find out?

Dash1 likes this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jan 18, 2017

Hello John. It's a great forum. They are a nice bunch and you are in the right place.
    Give them something to go on and you will find a wealth of practical knowlege and sound advice.
    They are very helpful and will take the time to help with a genuine enquiry.;)
    A good start would be to take some really well defined photographs from different angles and add them to this thread
    with as much info as you have about the watch.

STANDY likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 18, 2017

And move this thread to the Vintage Omega board.

9. tempusfugit861 Jan 18, 2017

Never let it be said the charitable members here ignore the underprivileged. ::rimshot::Sorry, I had to. Welcome.

10. Claire Jan 19, 2017

Here are two more pics. The numbers are clear;y visible on the inside rear cover and on the movement.
    Any information would be gratefully received![​IMG][​IMG]

Movement and inside back cover.jpg Side view.jpg Side view.jpg