Forums Latest Members

Hi, just want to introduce myself and my collection

1. bassmaster85 Jun 30, 2012

I am new to this forum and have been collecting Omega watches since the begining of 2011. The first watch I bought is a mid 60's Omega Deville 31mm with caliber 620 movement. I had this watch fully overhauled and put back into mint condition.
    [​IMG]
    My next Omega was a Geneve from the mid 60's with the caliber 562 automatic movement. When I got the watch it did not run and the crystal was smashed. I also sent it away to be overhauled and it came back looking great.
    [​IMG]
    Than I took a break with Omega and bought a Rolex Datejust which I traded for another Datejust. In March of 2012 I bought a Omega Seamaster Professional 300m Bond as my go to sports watch.
    [​IMG]
    I really like Omega and want to learn more about Omega's on this forum

Have a great day.

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 30, 2012

Welcome bassmaster you have come to the right place. Here you'll find advice, encouragement and all the enabling you'll need to gather dozens of watches in no time at all. :D Pun intended, as you will have plenty of time, but no money :eek:

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 30, 2012

I think your next port of call is the Speedmaster Pro, need a chronograph :)

4. Dash1 Jul 2, 2012

I couldn't agree more! Imho no Omega collection is complete without at least one example (or five in my case - oops!)

5. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2012

This is a point I would debate. I've never owned a manual wind Speedy because I've never found one that sits right on my wrist and watches are made to be worn when it's all said & done. I prefer their cousins from the 60's in the Seamaster or De Ville line. I've actually heard people say things like "You're not a serious collector if you don't own a Speedmaster", only to try to unpaint their way out of the corner when I tell them my collection lacks one and always has. :p I let them off the hook pretty quickly most times.

I do think a chronograph is a good addition to any collection though.

6. Dash1 Jul 2, 2012

You are, of course, quite right. For whatever reason some watches just don't sit right on the wrist, however much you're hoping they will. As you say, there's no point in owning a watch you are not going to wear (having said that, I do have a few watches that I just had to own, but don't wear - but I am weird like that!) I am a very biased vintage Speedmaster collector!
    You're also right in that there are some fantastic and varied Seamaster Chronos to be had and they remain good value imo.

Am I off the hook yet?!

7. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2012

:p Yep, you did fine.

.... and in the spirit of honesty, there's a couple watches that I don't wear often, maybe once or twice a year and only around the house for an hour. :rolleyes:

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2012