Forums Latest Members

Hi! Help please with Vintage Omega Constellation...

1. DamianL May 14, 2014

Hello everyone..

This seemed like the place to go for some help...

My aunt has this watch, inherited from her uncle...he apparently bought it new in the 50's/60's and she inherited it twenty years ago and it has sat in a drawer ever since...

She has asked for my help as she plans to sell it, and hopefully travel on the proceeds...

Obviously it's best to have as much knowledge as possible before trying to sell...I have told her that she may need to get the back opened to see the serial etc before anyone could give a proper estimate and that a service would be best before selling...but that's the extent of my watch knowledge!

Any help to prepare us for selling would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skv likes this.
  2. Pahawi May 14, 2014

Hi,

Nice Deluxe :thumbsup: I'm looking for such, so feel free to PM me, if you want to sell it.

Thanks.

Paul

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 14, 2014

Wow, nice Connie Deluxe with mirror dial. It's sought after, so you wouldn't find trouble to find buyer here.

4. ulackfocus May 14, 2014

It's not the original crown, but otherwise a decent example.

DON'T SERVICE IT!!! Let the buyer do that as they'll give their watchmaker specific instructions on what to do and what not to do.

Let the games begin!

Hvacman likes this.
  5. ron n May 14, 2014

I see one on e bay just sold for 3850.00, press the auction tab and see some auction prices.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 14, 2014

Can anyone say...."Barn Find"! ::love::
    gatorcpa

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 14, 2014

Is it yellow gold or rose gold?

8. DamianL May 15, 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice so far...

As far as i can tell it's yellow gold....but I ain't no expert...

Thanks for the interest on PM as well....

I expect my aunt will go to Ebay in the end for the sale...mainly due to having no experience in selling privately on the net.

D

9. ulackfocus May 15, 2014

Good idea - let it run in a no-reserve open listing with a 99¢ starting price for 7 or 10 days. Time it to end on a Sunday evening for best results. I'd expect it to top $3000 easily. Remember: the better the pictures, the more money you get. Put your camera in macro mode (push the flower button) and get clear shots of all angles. If you can get one of the movement and inside of the caseback that will help. Just don't start prying the case open with any old knife! Get a professional to do it if necessary.

pitpro and ICONO like this.
  10. pitpro Likes the game. May 15, 2014

Perfect advice Dennis:thumbsup:

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 15, 2014

Lovely Connie ::love::

Please let us all know when you put it on eBay.

I want to put it on my watch list and observe the feeding frenzy :D

ron n likes this.
  12. Selbo May 15, 2014

Tell your story in the ebay listing too. A watch like this will attract a ton of interest. Provide some details like you mentioned above and it really helps build confidence for potential buyers. People are going to assume the worst when they first see the posting. You mention how it's an old family watch and has been sitting around unused then buyers will feel more comfortable. Stay away from cheesy sales cliches like "truly one of a kind!" and "don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!". Your buyer will know what he's seeing. Pictures, pictures, and more detailed pictures (in focus!) will go a long way. It's a great watch. If you take the extra time to post a good, clean listing then you'll see better results. Good luck!

ron n and JimInOz like this.
  13. Skv May 16, 2014

Nice find, Damian!

14. pitpro Likes the game. May 16, 2014

++1 :thumbsup:

15. ICONO May 16, 2014

With a jewel of a watch like this - Images, & text are everything - Tell the story accurately, & without hyperbole.

The honesty, & transparency of the Seller, coupled with clean 'in focus' crisp imagery, are compelling factors, that tick the boxes, in Buyers minds.

You already have significant 'buying signals' - From the little data, you have already stated, in this rarefied Forum - Wait till you take it Global !

I am sure Members here will assist you with any factual technical details, you need to 'gild' the description.

I will get the Popcorn out to watch the closing minutes of this auction. - I suspect 'Feeding Frenzy' is understated

Good Luck !

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 16, 2014

+1 Let us know the ebay number once you put it there.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 16, 2014

+2 :)

18. DamianL Aug 24, 2014

Hi all,

Well I appreciate all of your advice and my aunt has now asked me to put it in on ebay under my account...

So I have -

Ebay number...

Please don't hold the poor quality pics against me...
    I asked my aunt several times for better pics but I don't think I was really getting the importance of it across!

Anyway, the internal pics are a bit better than the externals...and I hope we do enough to sell it!

If it doesn't sell and gets re-listed I will be at her again for better pics!

Thanks for everyone's help....

Damian

19. Mothra Aug 24, 2014

::popcorn:: Good luck!

20. DamianL Aug 31, 2014

Well....

It's the last day of the Ebay auction today, so thanks for all the help and interest and we will see what happens later tonight!

D