Forums Latest Members
  1. Hauge Jun 27, 2016

Hi all! Tonni here. Seems to be a place to lurk around some time, before i make foolish of myself (again)...
    Has been interested in watches, for quite some years now, but not really enough to make a collection.
    That is, untill my former workingplace had rented a farmhouse that had been standing empty, for approximately 3 years, after the previous owner died.
    The new owner just dropped all the furnitures on the lawn, and said he'd clean it up later. Nothing happened, for approximately half a year, until we said that we'd clean up the mess, if he'd remove it. - He did by burning it!
    That's when i found a Seamaster under the pile, while throwing the, by then, quite rotten mess on the fire. - Well actually only the old fixo-flex were peaking up from the muddy lawn... Newer thought it would be a watch again, but asked if i coul have it. The landlord, as he had seen it was an Omega, and knew the value of a functioning one demanded $80 on the chance. I declined, as i knew there was a great risk of the Seamaster to be defective, after such long time in the mud. Two weeks later i asked him about it, and he accepted accepted an offer of $25...
    I took it home and cleaned the mud of, laid it in a drawer (it was nearly blocked in the crown) and eventually took the chance, in taking it to an Omega watchmaker, to hear his verdict...
    Was i pleased to hear him tell, that it would be standard job! Actually the christal needed polish (it was a original one) and the caliper just needed a clean and some fresh oil! - I had asked him to keep the patina, as it was a significant part of the story.

And here she is!
    Her name is 14390-1, and her heart is a Cal. 285 with the serial 173279xx, making her 57 years young.

Seamaster59.jpg

ahartfie and OMGRLX like this.