Forums Latest Members
  1. nima0071 Apr 2, 2014

image.jpg I have a SMP that is about 13 years old I lost it 9 years ago I moving and just last night I happen to find it hidden in shoes box. So i gave it a few wind and it dosnt work or neither changes the date. So how much is a overhall would cost on this piece?

ainterian likes this.
  2. ashleysteadman Apr 2, 2014

I see that you're in California? Maybe one of our Californian forum members might be able to help out with a local watchmaker?

I recently had mine (same watch) serviced at Omega in Sydney and it cost about $550 AUD. Independent watchmakers are MUCH cheaper though (and probably better) - I only took mine there because my bracelet needed special attention that I knew they would give me.

3. MrE Apr 2, 2014

I just had my SMP sent to Omega for a full service last year. Cost me £300 (~$490) and they did a great job, came back looking brand new. So it depends on what you're after, a local watchmaker can service the movement a lot cheaper but Omega will polish the case and band to original spec and replace all the worn parts (then again, so will some local watchmakers). The omega service comes with a 2 year warrenty. More info on that here:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/watch-intervention/complete-maintenance-service-prices

But as Ashley said, someone here will be able to point you to a local watchmaker in CA.

...wohoo, first post, time to step out of the shadows! ;)

Mothra likes this.
  4. nima0071 Apr 2, 2014

Thank you can anyone in California Sacramento area can help me service my watch I do need an overhaul for the case and braclet sense I hight polish the bracelet all the satin finish is gone to high polish and I want to bring it back to original

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 2, 2014

Contact hockey here for info regarding his longtime sacramento watchmaker.

6. dan7800 Apr 2, 2014

Great looking watch

7. Hotwheelbill Apr 2, 2014

Nice surprise find.

8. CDelm_ Apr 2, 2014

Wow, 9 years later!!

9. ainterian Apr 2, 2014

I'm about to send my Rolex Datejust to these guys for overhaul: http://www.officialtimewatch.com/service/

They have 100% feedback on ebay and are very reasonably priced: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...world=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

They do the whole nine yards, disassembly, bath, replace all seals, adjust to five positions, do waterproof testing, etc. They also polish to factory spec unless you tell them not to. They also use all genuine Rolex parts, so I assume they would source the proper factory parts for an Omega as well. The service includes a 2 year warranty.

They wanted $285 to overhaul the DJ (including new mainspring and insured shipping), and they wanted $230 to overhaul my vintage omega constellation.

They're in California, but not so close to you (LA). May be worth a shot.

10. ron n Apr 2, 2014

Send it to Al at Archer watches, You will not be sorry,

ashleysteadman likes this.
  11. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Apr 2, 2014

ABC watchwerks is in LA, they have a good rep.

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 2, 2014

Wow, interesting watch story. I need to check my shoe boxes more often.:p
    The good thing with 'ol non co axial Seamaster Pro, its Cal 1120 movement is basically the ubiquitous ETA 2892 based movement. Probably almost any decent watchmaker would be able to service it and parts are easily available. At least that's what my watchmaker told me.

13. msp1518 Apr 2, 2014

Archer or Nesbits. Two names I know that are absolutely reliable beyond a shadow of a doubt. I have yet to read anything negative on either.