Forums Latest Members

Heuer Carrera x Fragment Collaboration

1. ReturnOfUltraman Dec 15, 2018

Anyone reserve one of these? I'm not too big into Heuer, and have not had the chance to own one yet, but I think this is the perfect blend of vintage inspiration with a modern take. Could've done without the extra logos on the dial, but it is a collaboration with a very well-respected streetwear designer, so I'm sure it had to be more unique.. Wish it was done more-so on the sapphire casebook though. I didn't care for the strap options that came with it either, especially that cheap looking NATO.

Anyways, here is a link for some pictures:
    tag-heuer-carrera-fragment-retro-style-and-calibre-heuer-02

If anyone managed to get one of the 500, share some pics!

2. sdre Dec 15, 2018

I managed to view it in Japan though it isn't for sale. It was a display piece.

I thought it's cool but at 39mm... And being designed by Fragment (I had no idea who he was and still isn't quite sure) I think i'll rather save up the cash for a real Carrera.

I had the CS3111 and that was a beautiful piece, at a lower price and scratches the Carrera spot well.

ReturnOfUltraman likes this.
  3. abrod520 Dec 15, 2018

Well, they forgot the hour markers, which were an important design element of the original Carrera - the whole point was that it was an elegant, dressy watch that you could still read at a glance, at speed or wherever. This one is just another in a long line of TAG trying to recapture what made them a name in the first place, but completely missing the point.

Oh, and given the quality issues with the Heuer-02 movement, $8k was wayyyy too much for this one.

ReturnOfUltraman and sdre like this.
  4. ReturnOfUltraman Dec 15, 2018

Both good points all around, @sdre and @abrod520! In agreement that with the $8k price point, there are a lot more options to choose from. Personally, I don’t even mind the missing hour markers, but I do understand it harks back to the original, and sort of a necessity, wouldn’t you say?

I haven’t read up too intently on the H-02, so do you mean finishing-wise, or timing-wise as far as QC issues go?

sdre likes this.
  5. sog00d Dec 15, 2018

Agreed. I was there, even had it in the cart but at 8k, there's too much vintage you can get for that.

6. abrod520 Dec 16, 2018

QC - lots of chrono issues. Mine required a trip all the way back to TAG's central service department in La Chaux de Fonds.

7. abrod520 Dec 16, 2018

Hell, the way vintage Heuer has cooled off, you can pick up a really nice Val 92 or 7730 Carrera for less than 8k right now. Any 3647 will be around 6 or so nowadays and it's ten times the watch even the best modern TAG is

sog00d likes this.
  8. Ninja2789 Dec 16, 2018

The price tag is definitely something that prevented me from considering the watch. However, that might only be because of his much Heuer has cooled off. There's always something nice about not having to worry about lume flaking off and costing you a couple $$$ on an otherwise perfect example.