Forums Latest Members
  1. thenameisnando Jan 19, 2019

Evening all! I finally spotted a Re-edition, been searching for the longest time. This one is very much on the used side but I was wondering if I could have everyone's opinion on the condition and if worth the asking price. First Heuer so I'm asking since I know there are many Heuer experts on this awesome forum. Thank you!!

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Jerseyhammer and Ssunnylee24 like this.
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 20, 2019

I have been looking at getting a white dialed one of these recently and found the price has gone up from a few years ago.
    I would be concerned about the case opening marks, can only assume it was opened or attempted to open by an amateur which is a worry. Why were they trying to open? And what did they do after they got it open?
    You did not state the asking price so difficult to know if it is worth it. A nice condition full set fetches about US$2,350 and the white dial a few hundred more.

3. thenameisnando Jan 20, 2019

My apologies! That was silly of me, they are asking $1600 - that is true about opening the watch. I've compared the movement to other googles existing photos and found nothing missing but that doesn't mean anything. They also accept returns which puts my mind at ease, but coming from overseas.

4. thenameisnando Jan 20, 2019

Of course I can also try negotiating lower since it has no box or papers.

5. Albe100 Jan 20, 2019

Depends on what you are comfortable with. Would the imperfection eat at you? If so, I would suggest passing and getting a better condition one with full set for that extra 1K. Just means holding out a bit longer.

But if price is the decision maker and you are ok with the mark, then try and negotiate a review period so you can bring it to your watch maker and have it looked at to confirm the movement wasn’t played with by an amateur.

6. S.H. Jan 20, 2019

Also, make sure that the crystal is OK (scratches can usually be polished off), because I think is it a special one, and may be somewhat expensive.

If there are only the caseback marks, around 1.5k may be a good deal if you want to wear it and not store it. Get a quote for a service! It is probably dry if it has not been serviced.

7. thenameisnando Jan 20, 2019

I thought the same thing. They seem to be not so deep scratches that I can polish off since I read the crystal is pretty rare. There was another member here selling one that got a service and case polish so I’m wondering if that would help lighten up some of those caseback scratches somewhat. Thank you!

8. abrod520 Jan 20, 2019

Well this isn't a Heuer, so Heuer experts probably wouldn't know much ;)

There is a TAG forum, a sister site to this one - forums.calibre11.com - where you might be able to get better in-depth information and knowledgeable opinions, I think a bunch of the guys over there have these (or have had them in the past)

However - these practically grow on trees and are available in much better condition for the price you've been quoted, so I'd continue searching. eBay, WatchRecon, etc - there are a couple a week usually.

9. thenameisnando Jan 20, 2019

I’m confused, the watch above isn’t a Heuer or you mean this isn’t a Heuer forum? Haha believe it not, I posted on that sister forum but get much more communication on this forum, the sister forum is much much quieter lol

They seem to be pretty hard to come by in recent months as not many have popped up.

Thanks!

10. Albe100 Jan 20, 2019

He means it’s a tag Heuer because it’s post Heuer era (after 1984). Tag bought major shares into Heuer making it Tag Heuer in ‘85. It’s a re-issue but beautiful!

11. thenameisnando Jan 20, 2019

Haha understood! That part I knew, it’s part of the reason I’m particular about this one since they kept it so close to the original and included the Lemania movement. I agree, absolutely beautiful and well executed! Every single one that has popped up has had an issue. This one is on ebay and there is another with box and papers but has a cracked crystal which would be impossible to get. I just figured I’d try getting a decent deal on this one with just the scratched caseback and wasn’t sure if it was worth the asking price.

Albe100 likes this.
  12. abrod520 Jan 21, 2019

It's true the C11 forum is quieter than here, but there's usually a decent enough amount of daily activity that a question should be picked up. And yeah, this watch is a TAG, not a Heuer, so vintage Heuer guys wouldn't know as much about them.

As for the one with the cracked crystal - I understand that parts are readily available for these through an official TAG service, though you'd spend some $$$ getting that done. However, what price peace of mind? If the B&P one is priced reasonably (you could negotiate it down) then that might be a good way to go

13. thenameisnando Jan 21, 2019

Agreed, the one above just disappeared from eBay, maybe it wasn’t meant to be. For a little more, might as well wait for something clean and decent for peace of mind too. Could I ask what you mean by B&P? Sorry haha

14. thenameisnando Jan 21, 2019

Never mind, box and papers haha got it!