Forums Latest Members
  1. qboa Dec 29, 2018

Dear all,

Recently I am looking for HEUER vintage models like 1163. I noticed there are at least two different versions of calibers used - cal. 11 and cal. 12.
    What I am curious is the major difference between these two calibers, and are they also different in the aspect of keeping value for long-term?

PS. I posted this thread in the wrong place in the forum. I asked the forum manager to help me delete the original thread and I posted it here again.

2. queriver Dec 29, 2018

Take a look at the Calibre 11 forum which is a sister of Omega Forums. They even share logins.
    Your question may have already been answered and if not it's best asked there.
    https://forums.calibre11.com/

qboa likes this.
  3. gr8sw Dec 31, 2018

there is even the Cal. 11-i to choose from... the major differences are BPM

qboa likes this.
  4. ewand Jan 1, 2019

Albe100 likes this.
  5. Albe100 Jan 1, 2019

The read between the two Calibres is interesting, especially the part of the early 11 being rushed for production due to the race for the 1st automatic chrono movement and in consequence had many reliability issues. When you look at the side by side photos, they are so similar but the biggest difference that pops (for me) is the difference in alloys which the article makes reference to.