Forums Latest Members
  1. semper_shells May 14, 2017

So I went down to my local authorized dealer yesterday and was able to get my hands on this beauty.
    First impressions:
    Size is not as bad as I originally thought. Even at 42mm on my tiny we wrists it wears great.
    The leather strap is super thick and looks like it will age well. If I didn't have a reservation for the Speedy Tuesday this would be the watch for me. Just excellent and comfortable to wear. The chronograph function was amazing to mess with and reset precise and quicker than I could even see. Fit and finish was top notch and the faux aged lume looks hits the perfect balance.
    20170513_135215.jpg

2. JohnSteed May 15, 2017

As I haven't been round to the dealer....Thanks for this review.

How was fit with the ss bracelet? Feels significantly heavier, etc?

3. R3D9 May 15, 2017

Whoa! I didn't realize they were starting to be delivered! Thanks for the review and pic. Everything about the watch dial-wise really does it for me. I wish the Autavia with a timer bezel had one instead, though. The GMT function isn't all that useful for me.

4. Igora May 15, 2017

watch looks amazing!
    Only thing that I can't swallow is 2,5 minutes markers on 30min chrono subdial ! whyyyyy??

sxl2004 likes this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 15, 2017

Looks good - thanks for sharing.

what other chronos do you know that reset slower than the eye can see? :D

semper_shells likes this.
  6. semper_shells May 15, 2017

Its hard to describe, the chrono function was just amazing. Like none I've ever seen.

7. BPD May 15, 2017

As some of you may know from my many posts on OF that I'm a huge TAG Heuer fan but more so a bigger Heuer fan. I would not buy a vintage watch, I know, I have issues, but I adore and admire the hell out of vintages and to me, Heuer stands out most. In saying this, I think TAG Heuer has done an outstanding job so far with their Heritage line and this Autavia IMO is probably their best one to date. Like many of you, I too was sceptical with the size and to put on that massive bezel didn't seem to help either. Man, was I surprised! When I tried on the watch, it sat perfectly on my wrist, the bezel was very proportionate to the watch and the watch was very well made overall. Pictures doesn't do this watch justice so if you are sceptical like I was, I highly suggest you go and see this watch in person. It may change your mind ;)

8. rafaaquarius21 May 26, 2017

Awesome watch...I have small wrists myself, but you've given me hope. Great alternative to the Speedy Panda. In fact, it's better looking. Congrats.

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 26, 2017

they probably do the watch more justice than prose, so let's see some from whoever has 'em.....

LawBrk likes this.
  10. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 26, 2017

Suffers from the same, fundamental design flaw as many other chronographs, both vintage and modern.

Is it as obvious to any other members?

11. SeanO May 27, 2017

Personally I have problems with the date (no a big fan of date functions) AND the bezel is too freaking large for the watch.

also the dial is too small.

it might be that the photo accentuates the size of the bezel (and reduces the size of the dial).

and how many times do you need to stick Heuer on the dial?

frazierspa likes this.
  12. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 27, 2017

I like this one quite a lot actually. I know I'm in the minority but I actually like it better than the ST from the photos. The chrono dials look spaced out better on the dial to me...on the ST they look to be damn near touching each other. Also the panda color seems to be a truer white than on the ST photos which seem more silverish than white (again from the photos so perhaps that is wrong). I know this watch is larger than the ST, which is a turnoff to many (esp those on the board that wear primarily vintage), but as I've found out wearing my Seiko 5 I'm not bothered by the size at all. Although honestly if someone offered me one or the other it would be a tough decision as it's not that I dislike the ST...and I do like the appreciation shown to the community by Omega via the ST.

13. herold May 27, 2017

The watch looks pretty amazing. To be honest, at first i thought the bezel was way oversized but on your pic it just looks great. Even though i dont need a date, they solved it in a proper way. Would look perfect next to a Speedy Tuesday...

14. sydneywatchguy May 27, 2017

Easily the best Tag made. Just a good looking watch.

IMG_3248.JPG
  15. Wing Zero May 27, 2017

Looks amazing. Love the lume color...
    What is the price tag on these?

16. jaspert May 27, 2017

Looks good on the bracelet.
    Did you have to pay full retail from the AD?

Edited May 27, 2017
  17. sydneywatchguy May 27, 2017

US retail around 5k
    AU retail 6800

I got a solid discount in Asia, but locally in Sydney they are not offering any.

18. Aussie Jim May 27, 2017

Here is mine. Had it now for about 3 weeks. It is the first new watch I have ever owned. Although I didnt really want to pay full freight I have and dont regret it.

There was a bit of a action on the webs about all the bad things to do with this, but my reality is that is a great watch.
    As to the specific issues raised:

Watch Size: I have slight wrists. My favourite size is about 38-39mm as a rule. This watch is certainly obvious, but doesnt scream " I have a great big shiny dinner plate on my wrist". It wears no larger than the Autavia Viceroy I own
    Bezel Thickness: It works. The pictures make it look bigger than it seems on the wrist
    The Date: Yes maybe not original, but it is small and discrete. A complete non-issue in my mind

A little beauty.

IMG_3084.jpg

rafaaquarius21, PaulC77, duc and 8 others like this.
  19. jaspert May 28, 2017

Appreciate that. Will check it out on my future travel to Asia.

20. Riviera Paradise May 28, 2017

Hey @Aussie Jim, thanks for posting! Great wrist shot! I bet are you wearing the Autavia today with Monaco GP and Indy 500!

I am curious as to how the new Heuer 02 calibre is performing...have you had time to measure any daily rate performance?

Thanks,

RP