Forums Latest Members

Here's an argument with an Apple Watch aficianado that you will lose!

1. pnwyankee Sep 25, 2019

2. Evitzee Sep 25, 2019

You could make the argument that if he had just stayed in bed none of this would have happened and he wouldn't have even needed an Apple watch. Life is a continuous trade off between risk and enjoying life and liberty. I don't want/need to live in a nanny world

Edited Sep 25, 2019
    Fusion, BradleyJ. and WatchShopping like this.
  3. vbrad26 Sep 25, 2019

One of the only times I wear my Apple Watch...when cycling.

4. JwRosenthal Sep 25, 2019

The watch would have been stolen off my wrist before it hit the 60 second alert point- joys of living in the big city :rolleyes:

89-0 and Shabbaz like this.
  5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 25, 2019

That is why I like manual watches -- they are not attractive to thieves because they cannot drive them :D

Taybharr, vbrad26 and kkt like this.
  6. M'Bob Sep 25, 2019

Depends on the nanny...

image.jpeg

Spacefruit, Traveler, Rman and 6 others like this.
  7. Evitzee Sep 25, 2019

KingCrouchy likes this.
  8. JwRosenthal Sep 25, 2019

KingCrouchy likes this.
  9. KingCrouchy Sep 25, 2019

I want to have a nanny, where can I reserve the service of the shown nanny?

10. M'Bob Sep 25, 2019

11. M'Bob Sep 25, 2019

Don't hate...she does a mean Heimlich.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  12. Walrus Sep 26, 2019

There is no denying that is a beneficial aspect of a smart watch. TBH I didn’t know it existed. I’d like to get one for my mother but with dementia she will no doubt lose it. It seems this would be a no brainer for anyone with an existing medical condition. I’m curious how many Apple watches are sold compared to say mid level and luxury watches. I know wearable are one of the largest sellers. They are no doubt amazing pieces of tech. I usually take notice of watches as I’m out and about and it is amazing the amount of smart watches I see on people. I don’t own one, still have no plan to but maybe I’ll get one and put it on my ankle in case I get beat and knocked out if someone robs me for one of my real watches, at least the ambulance will find me as I lay bleeding out.

pnwyankee and JwRosenthal like this.
  13. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Sep 26, 2019

Here's a recent article about sales comparisons: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/us-smartwatch-sales-are-soaring-2019

The only thing that really appeals to me about a smartwatch are the health-related features, especially as I grow increasingly much closer to the end of my life than I am from the beginning of it. But the features have not yet reached the level that would make me take the plunge. I have T1 diabetes and if the Apple watch gets to a point, as I'm sure it will, where it will receive signals from my continuous glucose monitor, then that might do it for me - it would be super convenient to just glance at my wrist to see where my glucose level is at - I can do it now by looking at the display on my insulin pump (which receives the signals from the glucose sensor), but that's still nowhere near as convenient as a quick glance at a watch. I believe Apple are working on getting their watches to have features of use to people with diabetes. But what I definitely do not need on my wrist is something else to tell me I have a text or email to look at!

Walrus likes this.
  14. Walrus Sep 26, 2019

Thanks for the link I was curious about that. Apple has over 1 billion products floating around the world, enough for 1 in every five people. You are right Apple is really moving into the medical devices on the watch. EKG, glucose monitor and things we can’t even fathom right now. That will take a lot of work, trials and FDA approval but it is a stated goal of Apple. We wear our omegas etc out of great appreciation for the workmanship and style but if it gets to the point where a watch is like a little emergency room it may make me want one, or stay further away for fear of biohacking

15. MCC Sep 26, 2019

Interesting article and not a feature of the Apple Watch I was aware of.

Technology can bring some surprising benefits.

pnwyankee likes this.