Forums Latest Members

Henri Blanc - Does anyone have any info?

1. GarethS Nov 17, 2018

This watch belonged to my father. I've done a little research on the internet which has not turned up much.

There is a short wiki on the chap: Swiss born and son of watchmaker Sylvain Blan, moved to Geneva and opened a watchmaking business in 1894, In 1930 M. Bremer, chef d'atelier of the house Henri Blanc, received a first prize in the category "Prix des fabricants genevois d 'horlogerie" The business closed in 1964

https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=Blanc,_Henri

There seem to be very few watches bearing his name and I wonder if any forum members have any info.

Apologies there are no pictures of the movement - I seem to have misplaced my case opener

So until I have found it any info gratefully received

Gareth

fullsizeoutput_edb8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_eda4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_edad.jpeg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 17, 2018

Well that’s plated... I’m going to guess generic AS movement or similar. I’d guess late 60’s by the dial design but maybe not by when they closed.

The dial and furniture makes me think low end on this piece hence my assumption of a generic movement.

Millenary Watches likes this.
  3. GarethS Nov 24, 2018

Found my wrench and removed back cover - not a pretty sight unfortunately. Looks like a generic movement with signs of rotor bush wear and resulting rubbing indications.

But looks untouched - probably completely unserviced which I guess caused the rotor bush wear?

Any other observations?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 24, 2018

Picture?

It’s a neat piece though.

5. GarethS Nov 25, 2018

6. GarethS Nov 28, 2018

Does anyone recognise the movement in this fella?

Thanks in advance.